ALL I want are bright red seats...!

Started by ex-member, March 17, 2009, 11:57

ex-member

So I have a spare set of seats sitting waiting, and I want them to be BRIGHT red, like hte facelift red...

Spoke to Gabbat and Brown, and they can only do a very bright red for 335 (for half leather, half vinyl), which needs to be fitted myself....this is 100 dearer than a regular colour!

LSC will do them for 420 for full leather...

Does anyone know of anyone/where that do just covers?

Or what price would I be looking at for facelift reds?

Tem

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Does anyone know of anyone/where that do just covers?

m http://www.leatherseats.com/ m

Some have used them on SC. Not sure if their red is bright enough, but take a look.

Better pics of the red:
 m http://spyderchat.com/leather.htm m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

tbh having seen the fit of some of these covers I think you'll regret not getting them done properly
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Yeh maybe you're right....but 400 odd quid inc delivery to have mine redone seems insane when I would assume I could buy a set of facelift reds for less than that!

Ilogik

murder someone in your car, then you will have bright red seats  s:) :) s:)  

Cough get the cloth seats, and get the outside re-trimmed in sexy alacantra.  That is my plan when i got some cash.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

ex-member

Nope, cloth is YUK  s:P :P s:P

Plus, I love my current black heated leathers too much to downgrade to an inferior material  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

The guy i just had my seats refurbed with can change the colour of leather for approx £150,look under my post "leather seats refurbished".

ex-member

Cheers for that, totally forgot reading that thread!

Anyways, he uses a dye, but claims it's 100% fullproof anyway. 165 for the 2 seats, including repairing the same bolster issues you had, and a 1cm tear in the same area....all I have to do is go to B&Q and get a paint colour chart to pick out a nice red!

I'm a bit wary about dying leather, but fingers crossed!

muffdan

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"I'm a bit wary about dying leather, but fingers crossed!

Don't be. All leather it dyed, that's how they colour it! I assume he bleaches out the existing dye hide before colouring it red. If done properly (which I'm sure it will be) it'll look perfect.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

ex-member

Yeh I guess that's true! Well I should get to work on removing the old covers in that case!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"
Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"I'm a bit wary about dying leather, but fingers crossed!

Don't be. All leather it dyed, that's how they colour it! I assume he bleaches out the existing dye hide before colouring it red. If done properly (which I'm sure it will be) it'll look perfect.

Jason

He take's it down to almost white,i saw one he was half way through doing.

Tags: