wheels and tyres???

Started by Barney Bear, June 19, 2009, 20:39

Barney Bear

Now before some of you scream use the search button been there and done that   s:D :D s:D  

in conclusion, now totally confussed but then again thats not hard with my brain   s:D :D s:D  

been looking at a new set of wheels and tyres as my tyres will need doing very soon have   read all stuff on offsets wheel size and none of the posts I have found have my size as a start or end fit
my car is a 54 and on the front it has 185 55 R15 82v and rear is 215 45 R16 86V some  of you seem to have 205 rear and 185 but  50/55 not the 45 as on mine
so question is did my car leave Mr Ts with the wrong tyres  they are bridgestone Pontenza s by the way

once again sorry to go over old ground but confussed.com should be my new e-mail lol

thanks again Mr Barney b
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Barney Bear"Now before some of you scream use the search button been there and done that   s:D :D s:D  

in conclusion, now totally confussed but then again thats not hard with my brain   s:D :D s:D  

been looking at a new set of wheels and tyres as my tyres will need doing very soon have   read all stuff on offsets wheel size and none of the posts I have found have my size as a start or end fit
my car is a 54 and on the front it has 185 55 R15 82v and rear is 215 45 R16 86V some  of you seem to have 205 rear and 185 but  50/55 not the 45 as on mine
so question is did my car leave Mr Ts with the wrong tyres  they are bridgestone Pontenza s by the way

once again sorry to go over old ground but confussed.com should be my new e-mail lol

thanks again Mr Barney b

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   You can't have searched very hard!

'03 onward cars have 16x7" rear wheels as opposed to 15x6.5" to allow for the stock rear tyre to go up to a 215 width, 45 profile. Bridgestone RE040s are the factory tyre and they are excellent - just very hard to source in our sizes nowadays.

Have a thoroughly good read of this recent thread   s:D :D s:D      l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25611 l
Tyre choice is limited in the correct sizes, but pretty much every available option is covered in the above thread.

Matt

Barney Bear

thanks you answered my question was just worried I had the wrong one s   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Tags: