k&n 57i induction kit

Started by rosco1209, November 23, 2009, 15:03

rosco1209

k&n 57i induction kit, was looking at getting one for my roadster, just wondered what people opinions where of them and a good price for it, because i've been quoted £170, cheers

blahpony

I've had one of those kits for a few years. I like it. It sounds good and gives maybe a bit better throttle response. Though that may be in my head.

I've seen them for around $260 many places. I got mine from some truck website (   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   ) for $160.

The hardest part of the install was taking the stock heatshield and drilling it for the extended heatshield that comes with the kit. Other than that, it's a fairly easy install.

You also don't have to remove the bumper to service the filter.

dj2k21

hello,

anoter option for you would be a carbon fiber induction kit, the one I have uses metal gauze instead of traditional sponge/foam, it gives better throttle response, and better flow thn standar aftermarket airfilters, I think they can be quite expensive, and made by a company like B&M or something, but I found a replica of these available at a fraction of the cost from

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/remote-carbon-fibre-canister-air-filter--carbfil-861-p.asp

Car Builder Solutions.. and for the price you cannot argue at all, work very well for turbo cars also, I would recommend this site to anyone, great service, cheap prices and basically make all the same things that other brand names do, just without the actual brand name logo on them, so just buy the brand name sticker from ebay for 20p if your that bothered   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

thanks, hope this helps, Danny
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

gavw71

Not sure about the filtering capabilities of the stainless mesh cone, as no figures are quoted. But I remebered reading a thread about steel elements v cotton and have posted a link below.

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4446&hilit=stainless+steel+air+filter

I've got a K&N panel filter which has given me no probs upto now (it's been on over a year now.) In that time I've cleaned the MAF once, just to be on the safe side.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Tags: