Bad accident last night.

Started by Anonymous, December 23, 2009, 16:58

philster_d

oh man.

Nuff love...

Philster

carl_evs

At the end of the day your ok and nobody else was hurt - thats all that really matters - bent panels can be replaced all that - bent body parts aren't so simple!!

No amount of experience will make up for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, unfortunately this seems as though this was the case. I almost 180'd my 2 in my pub car park at 5 mph the other day - again I am stuck in the same boat as my workbeast needs its brakes changing but due to the weather I cant get it done!!!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

seaplane

Sorry to hear about your prang but as everybody has said, you're safe and well and that is all that really matters.
Red tyre valve dust covers.  Black mud flaps.  Clear interior light lens.  A thin layer of Lincolnshire dirt.  I must stop spending so much on this car!

darkday

I've driven my car many many miles in the snow and ice over the past 4 (going on 5) years. I will be the first to say you just can't do shit about ice when on summer tires.

This year is the first in those 5 years that I don't have to commute so I left my summer tires on longer then normal. Where I'm living there used to be many more times the ammount of people there then there are now so the car park is about 4 times as big as it needs to be. Actually there's two car parks to be exact. Anyway when it iced over I went into the second car park which is massive and empty to have some fun. As I was feathering the throttle to get some speed (probably 15 mph) it just whipped around on me. Even though I have put myself in this situation countless times on winter tires I just had 0 control with the summer tires. After that I proceeded to laugh hysterically as I spun all over the place. It was as if there was 0 friction what so ever. Fun for awhile but in the end all you were doing is doing endless 360s with no control or input yourself.  Bottom line it's a knife edge. Now do that on winter tires and it's a different story and is as good as any other vehicle IMO.

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about this, nelix.   Was the road slippery or something?

VVT-i

It was black ice on the motorway, we've had between 6 and 8 inches of snow here over the last few days.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

Call today, car should be repaired by january 29th.  s:D :D s:D

Wabbitkilla

Fantastic news Craig, bet you can't wait   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Fantastic news Craig, bet you can't wait   s:D :D s:D

Actually i can, want all this bloody snow and ice gone before i get it back.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

OlberJ

That sounds round about a good time for a meet, wouldn't you say?
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

Anonymous

Sounds good, you're garage so i can see you're build and i will let you supply coffee and square sausage butties.

inert2k3

Really pleased to hear your getting the 2 back soon.

Not a bad time to have it off the road too with the bad conditions

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

Anonymous

Quote from: "inert2k3"Really pleased to hear your getting the 2 back soon.

Not a bad time to have it off the road too with the bad conditions

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D

Thanks Mo   s:) :) s:)

StuM

Great news Craig - glad it was repairable and that you'll get it back soon.   s:) :) s:)
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

NorthandSouth

That's great news Craig, glad you are getting her back   s:D :D s:D  
I wont ask if you want to sell your hardtop now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Lynne xx
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

Anonymous

Lol, you would have got first dibs Lynne, in fact i would rather have given you it gratis than sold to some.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

NorthandSouth

Awww thanks Craig but I'm very glad its staying with you   s:D :D s:D
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

nathanMR2

Great news mate. Just make sure they do a good job and check everything over before you take it away. Any problems let me know matey
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

scottish_turbo

Brilliant news! Hope it all goes to plan and you are back behind the wheel soon.

creamykiwi

s:D :D s:D  fabulous news, sending go-away vibes to the snow and ice for you  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Thanks all, defo appreciated.

ChrisHumes

when you pick it up from the repair place spend time having a good check over of the car and reject it if anything is not up to standard. i crashed my old car, when I got it back i didnt inspect fully and wish i had of. you always know its not right in your mind, and dealers can usually spot the silliest think when you try to trade it in!

they spotted my old car had been in a crash due to two things - front number plate didnt have the dealers name on (to match the rear), and looking very closely you could see the bonnet wasnt perfectly aligned so the gap between body panels was different!

nathanMR2

Quote from: "ChrisHumes"when you pick it up from the repair place spend time having a good check over of the car and reject it if anything is not up to standard. i crashed my old car, when I got it back i didnt inspect fully and wish i had of. you always know its not right in your mind, and dealers can usually spot the silliest think when you try to trade it in!

they spotted my old car had been in a crash due to two things - front number plate didnt have the dealers name on (to match the rear), and looking very closely you could see the bonnet wasnt perfectly aligned so the gap between body panels was different!

You may find that the insurance company wont pay to have the 'dealers' logo on it if it costs more. You would be better asking for a cash in lieu for the damaged number plate and replace them both yourself so that they match.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

Quote from: "nelix"Sounds good, you're garage so i can see you're build and i will let you supply coffee and square sausage butties.

Triangular sandwiches always taste better.

Anonymous

It is the sausage that is square, not the sandwich.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: