2ZZ GT300 restoration NEW pics added.

Started by Ilogik, February 18, 2010, 16:26

benji89

very good looking,
no spoiler though?
2000 Black, ProSpeed Sports Cat

Ilogik

Keeping it spoiler-less for now until I see something i like. Would really like the trd but funds are a little low.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

OlberJ

Not keen on the arch gaps you got going on but it's a nice wee car.
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

OlberJ

Your parking is attrotious though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

Ilogik

some better quality pics

Mike68

Your car is looking really good, excellent body kit and great colour.
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

Ilogik

would like a jap plate eventually, planning on getting the front resprayed eventually and a black nose badge fitted.

evileye_wrx

I'm inclined to agree with whoever said it needs bigger wheels. The 17's look lost in the big old wheel archs. The car looks excellent otherwise.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

kentsmudger

Quote from: "evileye_xc"I'm inclined to agree with whoever said it needs bigger wheels. The 17's look lost in the big old wheel archs. The car looks excellent otherwise.

Phil

Either that or lower it - The kit looks like it should hug the ground more, like the race-car it's based on.

[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Anonymous

I would say you have to have a compromise, too low and you will not clear the speed bumps, bigger wheels will lose some power. It needs some black shields between the wing and the bulk head (if available) to darken the arch I think that will help a bit.

Looking good though Al.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob

Ilogik

Amen, to what Rob said, It is set up to get the best of both worlds, 17s are the biggest id go, really don't want to ruin the acceleration and handling anymore than it has going to 17's, I could probably go for some bigger rubber. The rear could possibly come down a little bit more but I don't need to grind my teeth when going over speed bumps  s:) :) s:)  Car handles so much better than my old one though even on the 17's, im wondering if its due to the wider track of the car but it seriously feels very nimble.

Wabbitkilla

I love it Al, you've ended up with a very nice car there   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

I see what you mean about the wheels  / arch gaps, i think the wheels really suit the car.
I would be tempted to drop the car ever so slightly but time and experience will teach you what you can achieve with it.

Well done   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Ilogik

Getting full geo set up shortly, and then I can leave my bank account for the next few years, has taken a slight pounding bread and water for a good few months.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ilogik"Getting full geo set up shortly, and then I can leave my bank account for the next few years, has taken a slight pounding bread and water for a good few months.
Why don't you come along to the Ding day - it will be cheaper for you - if you can wait that long.

Rob.

Ilogik

only costs £35 and is only 10 mins up the road, so works out cheaper in the long run for me  s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

if you wanted to drop it but still be able to clear the bumps might be worth a look at kw hls coilovers. not sure about the weight on them but they have a system built into them to allow you to raise the car by up to 45mm at the push of a button.

uktotty

So is it finished?

OlberJ

Quote from: "uktotty"So is it finished?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   That's on a par with "is it in yet?"

Ilogik

Lol plenty to do still but when money permits now. Alarm and geometry set up have just been done.

Ilogik

Little bit of an update

Umm little update I guess forgot about this thread

Car is now lowered another inch due to it looking like a 4X4   s:D :D s:D  Love the new look but hate the rubbing on full lock so I think some fettling is in order.

along with lowering I installed and replaced the old blitz induction kit with a custom 2.75 maf housing/pipe work due to issues caused by running the old 1zz intake. The 2zz ecu is a fussy bugger   s:D :D s:D  

Before:

and after:

along with lowering I installed and replaced the old blitz induction kit with a custom 2.75 maf housing/pipe work due to issues caused by running the old 1zz intake. The 2zz ecu is a fussy bugger   s:D :D s:D  

The Maf housing is made out of the old celica airbox, this is temporary fix until I can get a metal one machined. The pipework has also been extended to put the filter further away from the engine.

Beefej

Is it my eyes or are your tyres almost slicks  s:D :D s:D

Looks great, GT300 kit has always been a favourite.

Ilogik

They're in need of a change in the next couple of 100 miles. Trying to work out what tyres I want. I thought the toyo's were crap. So im tempted to go back to eagle f1's or try another brand.

AC

Looks like the car was red before the kit went on, or maybe it was re-sprayed later on?

I thought the GT300 kit was a special build, like out of the factory or maybe immediately post production.....

Imagine how good it would look in red  s:D :D s:D   (not that I'm biased, or have a red 'un myself  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

Ilogik

Quote from: "AC"Looks like the car was red before the kit went on, or maybe it was re-sprayed later on?

I thought the GT300 kit was a special build, like out of the factory or maybe immediately post production.....

Imagine how good it would look in red  s:D :D s:D   (not that I'm biased, or have a red 'un myself  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).

It was factory built by monocraft for Toyota along with several other aftermarket companies producing parts for it. Guess someone didn't like the red  s:P :P s:P  That is one job i need to get done this summer, even if I turn it black. The red and blue combo is not too nice.

evileye_wrx

paint your calipers please. It's a smart looking car you've got there. Very nice indeed. Shame you have to get rid

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Tags: