Wonky headlight

Started by jjr197, March 19, 2010, 14:02

jjr197

Hi all

Having finally found me an MR2 (2002) I've noticed that my left hand head light points quite a bit higher than the right hand side one. I'm guessing that I can adjust the reflector in the head lamp, but I thought I'd check on here to see if anyone else has any thoughts.

I know that the front bumper has just been replaced (no big accident though!) so could it be that it was knocked when the bumper was taken off/replaced?

Cheers

Jimi
"If you're driving with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name!"

roger

Two likely reasons....

1. The headlamp unit has not been replaced properly, or
2. The bulb has jumped out of, or has not been fixed properly in the headlamp.

Both need careful checking, but if you can wobble the bulb from the back of the headlight I guess it would be the latter.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

ChrisGB

Quote from: "jjr197"Hi all

Having finally found me an MR2 (2002) I've noticed that my left hand head light points quite a bit higher than the right hand side one. I'm guessing that I can adjust the reflector in the head lamp, but I thought I'd check on here to see if anyone else has any thoughts.

I know that the front bumper has just been replaced (no big accident though!) so could it be that it was knocked when the bumper was taken off/replaced?

Cheers

Jimi

The headlights do not need to come off to remove the bumper IIRC. If the bumper has been replaced, there is a chance that whatever necessitated that change has knocked the headlight out of adjustment. Another possibility is that the bulb has not been seated properly. Also, some cheaper bulbs do not have accurately located filaments, so quite a lot of adjustment can be needed when they are fitted.

Adjustment is pretty easy anyway, so nothing to worry about.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

jjr197

Cheers guys.
What with the rugby...... and the beer...... I didn't get round to sorting this out at the weekend, but it looks like quite an easy adjustment to make.

Jimi

jjr197

Had a fiddle (ooo errrr matron) and the bulb simply wasn't fitted properly.
Only thing is..... now I want brighter ones!!!

Tags: