B****X - I got a scratch

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2004, 16:21

Anonymous

B****X!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Have an inch long scratch on the passenger door of my '2.   s:( :( s:(  

Have ordered the paint pen (as recommended on here) and some Langka.

The scratch is through to the (white?) primer and you can feel it with your nail, so I know it needs paint.

I know the pen will take a couple of weeks and I'm in 2 minds to try one of these chipsaway type opertaions. I remember Hardcore recommending a place called 'scratches and scuffs'.

I know this has been discussed before but has anyone had any good results using the pen and langka on scratches, not chips.

Like I say, its an inch long and thin.

Thanks guys.

Lee

Anonymous

Yes, but i didnt use the langka stuff in the end. I used the mer scratch repair kit on my hard top (that had a scratch about 3 inches long on it) and it came out a treat. If you didnt know where it was i dont think you would spot it.

Here were my results:

Before
Sanded Down1
Sanded Down2
Finished 1
Finished 2

Anonymous

That is some quality work kris!  After seeing the amusingly titled yikes jpg I was worried.  I would not be brave enough to sand down a patch of paintwork!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "IHateJam"That is some quality work kris!  After seeing the amusingly titled yikes jpg I was worried.  I would not be brave enough to sand down a patch of paintwork!!!

It was scary, but as it was on the hard top, if it went the way of the pear then i could have droped it off to someone to sort out.

Anonymous

Just want to say I bought the paint pen as recommended by Slacey and it really is s**t hot.

Cheers.

Slacey

Glad it worked out, just wish I could find mine now  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Where do you order these sticks from as my Toyota kit isn't the easiest thing to use  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Here...  m http://www.autovisuals.com/ m

Well worth the money.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

How/Where can I find out my Paint Colour Code for a Silver '02?

Anonymous

I've got a few chips on the bonnet, but the worst problem is on the plasy bumper, there are a couple of realy deep chips, one of them looked like a hot piece of metal had burned into it.
I know they are only a couple of mil in size, but apart from paying an arm and a leg, is there any other way of tidying them up?

Anonymous

How are u meant to know which colour to order there is about 5 silvers on there. I ve got a 2000 silver haze, does anyone know the right shade of pen to do the car!!!  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "stuart_telfer"How are u meant to know which colour to order there is about 5 silvers on there. I ve got a 2000 silver haze, does anyone know the right shade of pen to do the car!!!  s:? :? s:?

From the Side Vent GB:

8R2 Paradise Blue (the light blue)
1E7 Silver (the new silver)
202 Black
8M6 Lagoon Blue
6R4 Electric Mica Green (British Racing Green)
3P0 Chilli Red
040 Super White
576 Sahara Sun (yellow)

HOWEVER that's the new silver!!!

Check your chassis plate beside the battery (or your V5) & (I think) it's the bottom number (Chassis number) - try to match the first 3 digits with the colours that they are quoting.

e.g.my car is red & my chassis number starts 3P0

Tags: