Shiny new '03 vents - A cracking time was had whilst fitting

Started by Anonymous, March 22, 2004, 11:17

Anonymous

My new vents arrive last week, great!
A kind soul offered to fit them this weekend, great!  
In the process one cracked, not so great   s:( :( s:(  .  

I've e-mailed Japanparts to see if I can re-order a single vent but if I can't and they only come in pairs does anyone need a passenger side silver vent???
  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

The 'fitter' will remain nameless as he has beaten himself up about it enough by now!

Tem

How did it actually crack? Pics?

I think it's impossible to crack the pre-03 vents, cause I've abused them pretty much. No idea about the new ones and haven't installed mine yet...  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

love to see pics when it's finally done
I here there's a bit of difference in the colour with silver, I'd love the 03 vents for mine (01 model) but like to have a look-see first

how much are they by the way?

Tem

Quote from: "Stevo"how much are they by the way?

There was a GB recently:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2127 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

As Tem says.. where did they actually crack? I managed to seperate the painted bit from the black plastic mesh when I had to pull the 03 vents back out to re-align them properly..   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Melted the plastic and welded it back together with no problems though!

Tim

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Stevo"how much are they by the way?

There was a GB recently:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2127 m

Oh Bollops!!

Slacey

They can be bought seperatly, Graham will sort you out - any problems, just shout.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"They can be bought seperatly, Graham will sort you out - any problems, just shout.

Thanks Sean, I've e-mailed them direct (no reply yet), should I go through you instead?

I have no idea how he managed to crack it as I wasn't supervising at the time   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .  It's cracked at the 'v' point at the bottom of the vent, not the mesh part but a nice clean break right through the vent.  I had printed the instructions from this site for him, so maybe when he read to use a bit of force....... It was the bottom lug that did it I think.

I wasn't upset at all....now if they had cost £100s then I would have been a bit upset  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Slacey

LOL!

If you don't get a reply by Wednesday, let me know and I'll contact him for you.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Will do, ta very much   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Ahem....I'm just about to order an inlet pipe, are these pretty robust?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: