Suspension Lowering

Started by Anonymous, April 2, 2004, 12:41

Anonymous

Lowering the car has been mentioned quite a lot recently by a number of owners.

I have not had this done to my '03 MR2, and I was wondering what the benefits are.
I know it lowers the car by 3.5cm, but dose that make you feel the road potholes even more? And what about the ground clearance impacting on more stone chips?

If the majority of you guys tell me its worth it, I will do so at the next Mr.T service!

Slacey

Lowering the centre of gravity has it's benefits in the corners, and as for stone chips, I cop so many already that I don't think lowering is going to make any difference  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Ride quality IMO is unaffected - it's certainly a more supple ride than 17's on stock suspension at any rate.....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

Evo had a long term car fitted with TTE springs and loved them..

"With less slack in the springs it changed direction in the esses like you'd replaced the front bodywork with carbon panels. On the road the ride was firmer and the MR2 felt better connected to the road surface, but it didn't seem any more crashy. In fact, the lowered suspension seemed to improve the previously jittery ride over awkwardly spaced bumps. The front end's extreme pointiness was also softened fractionally, a bonus on unfamiliar roads, although the steering did lose a bit of its delicacy".
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I had them done on my '04 and the ride quality is still really nice.

In comparison, my missus' Puma with Eibachs is very harsh in comparison and you feel every bump in hers.

The TTE springs still offer you some comfort with the stiffness.

loadswine

The 2 really looks great when lowered ,but does anyone suffer with grounding problems over speed humps,they are everywhere in south London where I live.Also my drive slopes and I catch the front if I'm not careful now and mine is standard height.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Quote from: "loadswine"The 2 really looks great when lowered ,but does anyone suffer with grounding problems over speed humps,they are everywhere in south London where I live.Also my drive slopes and I catch the front if I'm not careful now and mine is standard height.

Dont do it then. Look for seans post about his springs and the trouble he has.

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Dont do it then. Look for seans post about his springs and the trouble he has.
Oh yes... speedbumps / humps are fine (although I haven't tried it with passenger in the car), but my drive is a major PITA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Dont do it then. Look for seans post about his springs and the trouble he has.
Oh yes... speedbumps / humps are fine (although I haven't tried it with passenger in the car), but my drive is a major PITA.

I can't find the post you are talking about. Can't you find'it for me?  s:? :? s:?  
( I have tried the search with Sean and springs and found nothing)

Slacey

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"See here...  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3293 m

Thanks  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: