Tigerseal Removal

Started by uktotty, May 9, 2011, 13:55

uktotty

Looking to restick my spoiler and wanted to know how to remove tigerseal when you get a bit of spillage.
This will be for the re-appliciation so nice and wet not hard and dry.

What do you guys use?

loadswine

Thinners when its fresh, but be careful of the paintwork, so not too much and don't rub too hard. Pop a bit on a clean rag and keep using clean parts every time you have to wipe a bit off.
 If its old stuff, it has to be removed mechanically. ie scraped with blade.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

I find that meths works very well too, and its a little less threatening than thinners. Its an acquired taste though   s:D :D s:D
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

loadswine

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Ilogik

Credit card and some wd40 and slowly work away at it, you can use a razoard blade to get the thicker bits off, auto glym bug and tar remover works to get the last bits of residue.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

uktotty

Quote from: "Ilogik"Credit card and some wd40 and slowly work away at it, you can use a razoard blade to get the thicker bits off, auto glym bug and tar remover works to get the last bits of residue.

razor blade? I think I prefer the cloth and meths option, that sounds a bit excessive!!

Ilogik

depends how thick it is, worst job ever lol.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

aaronjb

Quote from: "Ilogik"depends how thick it is, worst job ever lol.

Russ is talking about how to mop up spooge spillage while he's in the process of sticking it on, though, so it'll still be wet - I don't believe he's asking how to remove old tigerseal that's already set (for example after removing the spoiler) so I'm not sure he'll need the razor blades  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

Quote from: "uktotty"This will be for the re-appliciation so nice and wet not hard and dry.

Cheers Aaron

Must have been lost in translation

Tags: