My APR Mr-s Turbo

Started by Ikrana, September 1, 2011, 16:23

nathanMR2

Quote from: "Ikrana"
Quote from: "nathanMR2"Not overly keen on the sun strip and the vents in the sides of the rear bumper (but I assume this a design of the kit)

I still think it's a stunning looking car, I was just being picky

I see, I have been thinking about removing the sun strip but I don't know, really helps to block the sun  s:) :) s:)
the rear vents are custom cut, in the kit the vents do exist but in another layout, they have a function so its good to have them there to get ridd of the turbulence in the rear archers.

thanks for your opinion  s:) :) s:)

I can see lots of hard work (+ money) and thought has gone into this.

In regards to the windscreen, ive found that our windscreens appear very narrow so a sun strips can sometimes look a bit too much. The more i look at it the more undecided i am to be fair   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  I was thinking it didnt really match colour wise but i can see that it kinda flows with the colour of the grills in the bonnet. It doesnt look bad so if its functional why not.

Same with the bumper if its functional then all good  s;) ;) s;)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Ikrana

Quote from: "dj2k21"Ikrana, on the last pictures with the smaller wing, what is the model number of the wing ? Is it still an apr wing? I really want that wing to replace my veilside one. Many thanks

This isn't a Apr wing on the white pics, is a  NOOZE CARBONRACE 50 REARSPOILER.  150cm wide and 25cm high. I only had this wing for a summer,
too bad I sold it in perfect condition som months ago =( otherwise a could have sold it for very cheep.

I dont know if this is the real part nr from NOOZE put it says UNVT0400073 on the site .
 m http://www.realcar.se/servlet/us_pyra?w ... nguest&p=H m

thanks.

Ikrana

took a new pic from my window today! I think it looks good from this view.

MR2 super GT

mmmmmmm very nice spec.
great colour combinations. it all goes together well.
when I\'m not in traction, I\'m in action

Ikrana

Bought some new toys for my spyder.
everything will be installed within a month or so, still waithing til the cold weather comes and some more stuff that I have orderd.

so this time it is,

Password JDM towhooks ( I will install those on a custom crashbar that I will build this winter.
The new Tial MV-R 44mm external WG.
and a Carbon fibre airbox to keep the engine from heat soak.

muffdan

Ah, so going for that new turbo then!  s:) :) s:)
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Ikrana

Quote from: "muffdan"Ah, so going for that new turbo then!  s:) :) s:)

hm haven't seally decided yet! but it looks so! I know I whant do go for a external WG and and v-band on the manifol, just still don't know what turbo to choose?

I dont want the power to late and really like the t28rs, but a little more power would be nice  s:D :D s:D
If i don't go for a bigger turbo the I will atleast rebuild the t 28rs to a garrett/tial hybrid so I get the v-band,

do you have a suggestion in a good turbo?  s:P :P s:P

Ikrana

Muffdan what turbo setup are you running?

muffdan

I'm running with a GT3071R these days. There is a higher boost threshold but it's only about 500 rpms higher than the GT28RS was. It's certainly generating some boost at 2k and producing full boost by 3500. It generates the boost top end boost with much less effort though and keeps charge temps and exhaust gas temps nicely under control. I haven't seen exhaust gas temps above 920 degrees even on track since upsizing where as before I was seeing 1150 degrees after a minute or so of hard use on the Disco Potato.

Oh, and I chose that turbo for myself because the air flow requirements of the MWR built/bored engine we both have (at 8000rpm generating 1.5bar of boost) is smack bang in the middle of that turbo's compressor map.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Ikrana

Quote from: "muffdan"I'm running with a GT3071R these days. There is a higher boost threshold but it's only about 500 rpms higher than the GT28RS was. It's certainly generating some boost at 2k and producing full boost by 3500. It generates the boost top end boost with much less effort though and keeps charge temps and exhaust gas temps nicely under control. I haven't seen exhaust gas temps above 920 degrees even on track since upsizing where as before I was seeing 1150 degrees after a minute or so of hard use on the Disco Potato.

Oh, and I chose that turbo for myself because the air flow requirements of the MWR built/bored engine we both have (at 8000rpm generating 1.5bar of boost) is smack bang in the middle of that turbo's compressor map.

I have actually been thinking of the GT3071R, but was not sure if the boost would come to late, the only thing is that the turbo I will change into must be a Tial hybrid so if it is possible to build a tial GT3071R hybrid then maybe it will be the 3071R, I am planning to have a v-band on my new manifold so thats why I need a hybrid.

and thanks for the info  s:D :D s:D

sirleonj

I do love the white motor before you started work on it, but got to admit i like the new one more, posts like this make you want to spend so much more on the motor, Such a nice motor, i did see this on spyder a few weeks ago

Ikrana

Quote from: "sirleonj"I do love the white motor before you started work on it, but got to admit i like the new one more, posts like this make you want to spend so much more on the motor, Such a nice motor, i did see this on spyder a few weeks ago

Are we talking about the engine or the car here ?  s:) :) s:)
If you are talking about the car , I build the white one too it was a stock black spyder when I bought it!
I did like it too but I think it looks so much better now  s:D :D s:D

were did you see my car and when ?

Ikrana

The car was featured in Greenlight magazine some weeks ago,
So here is some photos from the photoshot !

hope you guys like it !!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Keep that forever. Best Ive seen.

Ilogik

that looks lovely mate, made me wish even more i didn;t have to sell my car nw haha
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Ikrana

What? did you sell youre monocraft spyder???   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
And Thanks   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "Ilogik"that looks lovely mate, made me wish even more i didn;t have to sell my car nw haha

Ilogik

Quote from: "Ikrana"What? did you sell youre monocraft spyder???   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Quote from: "Ilogik"that looks lovely mate, made me wish even more i didn;t have to sell my car nw haha

it will be selling saturday  s:( :( s:(

Ikrana

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "Ikrana"What? did you sell youre monocraft spyder???   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Sorry too here that   s:( :( s:(  
 what will be the next prodject? if there is any?

Ilogik

Quote from: "Ilogik"

Sorry too here that   s:( :( s:(  
 what will be the next prodject? if there is any?

A house lol, lots of modding needed. Will be like owning a very long jail sentence of a car. Currently looking for something cheaper that i can use on track/fit luggage junk in the boot including passengers.

Mike_V

Super car there Ikrana, what tyre pressures do you have with those wheels?
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Ikrana

Quote from: "Mike_V"Super car there Ikrana, what tyre pressures do you have with those wheels?

The wheel shop set the pressure at 3,5bar i think??
belive it is alittle to much!!???

Ilogik

man i keep looking at your car and wanting mine back, very jealous car looks immense, i love the head on shot with all the canards, looks like a real race car.

Ikrana

Quote from: "Ilogik"man i keep looking at your car and wanting mine back, very jealous car looks immense, i love the head on shot with all the canards, looks like a real race car.

Man i can't imagine  the feeling to sell the car and miss it! feel bad for you!
but maybe you can buy it back in the future  s:P :P s:P

I really like that the car looks a little bit like a racecar, I am planning to build new canards this fall/winter and my own undertray that will go further back under the car! maybe a rear diffuser aswell?
the canards I am planing to build is going to look like the one on the Voltex zyber evo, think it going to finish the race style of  s:D :D s:D

also planing a K20 engine swap or a 2gr-fe, we will see how it all ends  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ilogik"man i keep looking at your car and wanting mine back, very jealous car looks immense, i love the head on shot with all the canards, looks like a real race car.

I really like that the car looks a little bit like a racecar, I am planning to build new canards this fall/winter and my own undertray that will go further back under the car! maybe a rear diffuser aswell?
the canards I am planing to build is going to look like the one on the Voltex zyber evo, think it going to finish the race style of  s:D :D s:D

also planing a K20 engine swap or a 2gr-fe, we will see how it all ends  s:D :D s:D

both very nice engines but if you you tube the k20 powered mr2 then your mind will be made up.

Ikrana

Quote from: "rbuckingham"

both very nice engines but if you you tube the k20 powered mr2 then your mind will be made up.

The Mr-s on youtube with the k20 turbo with over 700hp is very nice! and I think i will use the k20 also becouse of the weight,
I don't really know what the 2gr weight is but I belive the k20 must be lighter!

Tags: