LSD or no LSD, that is the question

Started by Anonymous, September 7, 2011, 11:00

aaronjb

Quote from: "dick2ski"Next question, has anyone fitted one? I opened up the box and it just lifted out.
I'm assuming fitting is the reverse? Any sealant required to reassemble the two halves of the box casing?

Not as simple as just dumping it in and sealing the box up - well, not if you want it to last, anyway..

You'll need the tools necessary to check the bearing preload, for a start. The BGB has instructions, required preload and torque specifications IIRC..

[edit] Installation discussion here:  m http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/lsd-install-37061/ m  - you should be able to set the preload with either an in.lb. torque wrench or a weight gauge..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Thought Id post up some pics to help identify the boxes containing LSDs. This is a closeup of the driveshaft hole in the gearbox casing.

LSD from an 05 MR2

No LSD from an 01 MRS

iPap

I have one in my 01 5 speed that I don't need if anyone wants to come and take it away before I scrap it!
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

iPap

Quote from: "iPap"I have one in my 01 5 speed that I don't need if anyone wants to come and take it away before I scrap it!

Snapped up in seconds!   s:D :D s:D
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

SteveJ

Quote from: "iPap"
Quote from: "iPap"I have one in my 01 5 speed that I don't need if anyone wants to come and take it away before I scrap it!

Snapped up in seconds!   s:D :D s:D

Not surprised - the MkII boys (&V6 converters) are paying £200 for just the LSD without any haggling.

Tags: