A-Pillar rattle messing with sanity.

Started by dcod, February 4, 2012, 09:05

dcod

I'm getting an annoying rattle somewhere around my a-pillar/hood catch/visor. Everything appears to be nice and tight, no screws loose. Does anyone know if there is anything that can come loose and rattle around internal to the A-pillar?

It's very hard to pin-point the rattle as it only happens when driving over bumps.

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Anonymous

How's the screws to your viser? Mine comes loose one a year.

AmeR

Quote from: "life of bryan"How's the screws to your viser? Mine comes loose one a year.

Maybe pop some thread lock on them next time you're putting them back in.

dcod

Quote from: "life of bryan"How's the screws to your viser? Mine comes loose one a year.

Nope, just checked all the screws to the visor and hood catch and all tight as a nat's chuff. I'm sure it's coming from within the A-pillar ...
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Curlytoppz

I get the same so will watch advice with interest   s:D :D s:D

uktotty

Its the hard top catch!
Open the clip in your pictures, flod down the little clip, rotate the hex bolt half a turn and stick it back together again, no tools required

dcod

Ah ha! So that tightens the roof against the a frame. Did seem a little loose.

Obviously, a test drive will confirm if that's fixed it but I don't care what they say, I think you're a genius! Thanks dude.

Anonymous

Ah I would have suggested the catch but I thought you have been around long enough to know about this and would have already checked.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

dcod

Quote from: "life of bryan"Ah I would have suggested the catch but I thought you have been around long enough to know about this and would have already checked.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

My bad   s:( :( s:(  

I did consider the tightness of the roof but by hand it felt secure. Most people only find things out when it happens to them ... this is first time in 12 years that it's happened to me.

Anyway, car is now as quiet as a mouse, thanks uktotty, especially now that I've fixed another annoying rattle! (everytime my wife gets out she leaves the seatbelt twisted   s:x :x s:x  )

uktotty

No worries, mine was doing it a month ago so it was fresh in my mind, glad you fixed it

Tags: