What Colour To Wrap The Car, (Vinyl)?

Started by iPap, February 22, 2012, 19:11

iPap

I've been offered a free vinyl wrap but a company that wants to use the pictures for future advertising.

My car is currently black. I'm thinking either Matt Black or Matt White (my favourite).

What do people think, has anyone done a whole car in a solid colour?
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

Anonymous

For me, white will stand out, but Id like to see chrome!

AmeR

Matt pink?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Lime green!!! But if it's between Matt black or Matt white... White wins for me!

AckersMR2

Nothing to say it has to be one colour, i presume they have the facility to print any design onto the vinyl?
My only car is a Ducati 

VVT-i

Are they just offering a solid colour.. or can you get a design printed on?

examples...

I'm not saying I like the above designes, but gives you an idea of what is possible.

Be very carefull with a matt finnish as it's very difficult to keep it looking good, you have to watch what you use to wash the car, it can't contain any polishes etc as this will smaer and every finger print will be seen.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

iPap

Just a sold colour!
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

StuC

Do they make Pearlescent colours, wondered if you could have Pearl white
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Mike_V

Quote from: "StuC"Do they make Pearlescent colours, wondered if you could have Pearl white

Yes they do, I've enquired about it but still have to find out if it will stand up to the heat from my engine bay in Summer  s:-( :-( s:-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Anonymous

Get crispy black, Mike. That way youre covered!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

uktotty

Cant see the point of white or black, if you are going to wrap it then choose a bright  colour, the orange, lime, purple type colour would be great

Treboeth

+1
If you are going for it make it bright orange or green.

woodman

i supose its down to personal preference (deeerrrrrr), but from experience i would avoid the white carbon fibre look. it can look good on a small scale, but my attempt ended after the bonnet, drivers door and front wings lol
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

dcod

Quote from: "dick2ski"For me, white will stand out, but Id like to see chrome!

+1

Don't like matt. Can't believe you want rid of that beautiful deep black shiney paintwork ... unless it's deep shiney lime green and black!

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

onion86

Quote from: "dcod"
That would look amazing, do it! Counts as one colour as they can leave bits black  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Dyn-Evo

You luck so-n-so...!  s:D :D s:D  

Now IF this was me, I'd go for Cadbury's Dairy Milk purple (an EXACT match!)...

BUT...as its not my car / choice...I'd go with the Lime Green / black combo..

...will look A1, imho....!  s8) 8) s8)
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

loadswine

Gloss white, or am really liking the lime green.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

s12vea

Lime green middle with carbon fibre effect sides would be my choice. Similar to the picture above!
Make it bold make it different -
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Mike_V

That lime great looks great on that car but don't think it would suit a car with OEM bodywork.

EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

vinp182

Love that lime green with black  s:) :) s:)

Other than that I'd go gloss white and leave the hardtop black
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

dcod

Quote from: "Mike_V"That lime great looks great on that car but don't think it would suit a car with OEM bodywork.

I can see where you're coming from but if the wheels are wide enough to fill the arches and lowered enough I think it would look great. Would look better with a wide arch bodykit though.

Sent from my work PC while no one is in so I don't get told off.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

K T M Rider

Surely the whole point of a free vinyl wrap is you can afford to be a bit more adventurous....?

So definitely lime green / black or orange & black.

Cos, if it's good enough for KTM ...................   s:) :) s:)  

Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

uktotty

Yummy!!

dcod

Really started liking the idea of a vinyl wrap ... then I found it would cost around £1500 and last 3-5 years. I wish I could have it done free.   s:( :( s:(  

m http://www.totally-dynamic.co.uk/go/the-benefits.html m

Mr X

Quote from: "dcod"Really started liking the idea of a vinyl wrap ... then I found it would cost around £1500 and last 3-5 years. I wish I could have it done free
naaaaaaa I got a quote a few weeks ago from a place in kettering. They said they would do my car for £800! After looking at videos on youtube I've decided (seen as I'm good at tinting) to give it a shot myself. I've already brought the film!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

iPap

The only problem I have is that I use the 2 for work, which involves trying to be a bit inconspicuous.

Tags: