Wobbly handbrake

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2004, 16:12

Anonymous

Have done a search and can't find anything about this specific thing so here goes...

I seem to have a fair bit of sideways movement with my hand-brake lever. Is this normal? Is it a problem?

I'm taking him in for his first service tomorrow and want to know whether it's something I should mentioned to the all-knowing Mr T?

Anonymous

I have it too... i guess you can always mention it and see if they say anything. If they do adjust it or change something, can you let me know?

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I have it too... i guess you can always mention it and see if they say anything. If they do adjust it or change something, can you let me know?

of course!

Anonymous

Is this with the handbrake on or off? I have sideways movement when it's off (about 3-5mm) but none when it's on.

I noticed this on the showroom model that I had a play in as well so I imagine it's normal (but ask them anyway  s:) :) s:) )

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hanslow"Is this with the handbrake on or off? I have sideways movement when it's off (about 3-5mm) but none when it's on.

I noticed this on the showroom model that I had a play in as well so I imagine it's normal (but ask them anyway  s:) :) s:) )

both!! especially noticeable when it's on. Will let you know what Mr T has to say tomorrow.

Anonymous

My handbrake feels like it would easily come away if I'm over enthusiastic

THEMOSS

Same here, lots of sideways wobble since the day i got it, especially when it's on. Never been too worried about it.
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Anonymous

hardly any sideways movement on mine, up or down... perhaps 5mm if I push quite hard.

SteveJ

All 3 of my roadsters have been the same - quite a bit of sideways movement when the handbrake is off and not so much when it is fully on.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it as long as it continues to work.

Anonymous

saw the delightful Mr T today - they had a look at the handbrake & took the console bit off but tell me there's nothing to adjust to make it stop wobbling. They checked the handbrake of a 2 on their forecourt and that moves, but not as much as mine. The handbrake still works (touch wood) so gona leave it unless it gets worse.

Thanks for all your input tho fellas!   s:) :) s:)

heathstimpson

Mine has always moved quite a lot as well; a lot more when off than on though.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

My handbrake also wobbled quite abit from new.  I can remember thinking how tacky it was.  I took it to the local dealers for its 1st service and they must have tighted something up because it didnt wobble at all after the service, and i didnt even mention it.  Unfortunately it didnt last long, and soon began to wobble.

Anonymous

yeah I think we all appear to have the mysterious handbrake wobble   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   ... it is a bit cheap and nasty the way it does that (never thought I would say that about the 2)

Tags: