Flyeyes Fitted Today

Started by p3t3, August 8, 2012, 21:01

dcod

+1 I think they look good on a black car.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

K T M Rider

I like what you did to the lights BEFORE you covered them, have always thought the F/L lights look too blingy compared to the originals.

I had to do a doubletake to realise they weren't stock preface lights in the first picture -  which is why I thought it was a nice mod, untill you covered the outside   s:) :) s:)
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Patch

This looks awesome.  Nice job - I'd love this on my black '2...  I bet it would look great on the rear lights and 3rd brake light, too...

markiii

never knew there were so many people with no taste
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

[MOD] Well this thread is a bit contentious aint it! Taste is obviously always subjective, some modifications work, and some don't. You never find a new mod that does work without several that don't, the language used to criticize a modification is important. As far as the clubs point of view stands, if a modification affects the safety of the car negatively then it is to be discouraged. Additionally this would fail MOT, so you make legality marginal and could affect your insurance should you be involved in an accident, again a reason for discouragement. On a show car, at a show, in  a show, then yeah, it probably is something to try but that's probably where it should stay. Oddly, personally, i like the effect on the side repeaters   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
If we can all just keep it civil please, I would appreciate it [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Wabbitkilla

[MOD]I believe we are not in chat-chat here, and the connections with the OP's topic of discussion seem to be getting very tenuous ... please stick to the subject [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

AckersMR2

To be fair the makers claim this does comply with 2012 MOT standards, whether or not that is true I can't comment?
If the reduction in light output is so negligible that it is still deemed passable by the MOT, then by that is its affect on road safety not also negligible?
My only car is a Ducati 

wotugonado

Maybe a little over kill to do the whole headlight imo, perhaps used as headlight eye brows and leaving the front of the lense clear would work for me. I do like the side repeater though nice.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

2 of the left

Quote from: "wotugonado"Maybe a little over kill to do the whole headlight imo, perhaps used as headlight eye brows and leaving the front of the lense clear would work for me. I do like the side repeater though nice.
+1  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Anonymous

Well my other half wanted her 207 headlights stealthed to match with the rest of the work we've undertaken so have done the same as below. I think its a miassive improvement over the chrome look as there is nothing else chrome to match on the car. Because the backing of the light units are chrome the tint is not as dark. This ight make a good reference for all the FL guys wondering what the difference would look like considering the OP had blacked his lights out first;

And yes ive been trying to get the GF in a SMT (only has auto licence) but she has a fair point that we both would be screwed for space when practicality is needed   s:? :? s:?  

Whilst in rome i thought i would play with mine too just for fun,
from this.

To this.

But tried this as was my original idea.

Gonna keep it like this for now but think will trim back into eyelids as i dont realy like it, but was fun to see as an exercise.

uktotty

So you take a light, you upgrade the light to give more output by adding Osram nightbreakers or HIDs, then cover the same lights with bin bags to reduce the light output of the aforementioned lights.
Does not compute captain!

Anonymous

Haha i have not touched my bulbs Russ i think your mistaking me for someone else.
im not keeping them on, as said will become eyelids but thought i would share with you all, i know most wont like it as i dont much either.

Anonymous

I like it,

Here is my reason...

on a black 2, the chrome - post facelift headlights look STUPID! looks like two big goggly eyes!

As soon as i can afford this mod i am going to do it, i was looking at the eyelids - but i think this is probably better because its easily removed.

the one and only think i hate about my 2 is the oversized lights.

uktotty

Sorry Scott, when I say you, I  mean people not Scott

Anonymous

Oh cool Russ, To be fair i dont think the light output is that affected, im yet to test it out but the GF said it was fine in her's.

Anonymous

Quote from: "dj vinxy"I like it,

Here is my reason...

on a black 2, the chrome - post facelift headlights look STUPID! looks like two big goggly eyes!

As soon as i can afford this mod i am going to do it, i was looking at the eyelids - but i think this is probably better because its easily removed.

I agree completely, its only £13 for the kit bud. I

Anonymous

Its a tight month,

tax, service, mot, + holiday  

:p

Wabbitkilla

Just looks like someone had a cheap spray job and the lights are covered by overspray   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

AckersMR2

As I thought, imo it looks alright on black, maybe white even?, but any other colour it looks a bit like Sean Bean in drag (anyone see that last night?)  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
I think I'd just do the eyebrow thing in solid vinyl, there's no need for it to be tea bag/fly eyes/fishnet stockings.

How's about if you were to be say taking them apart to refurb the plastic, you spray the light surround in body colour and then mask out and spray the inside of the lens to create the eyelids? In the same way you paint an RC car body shell?
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

not very reversable is it? plus opening a light unit also allows for condensation!

AckersMR2

I wasn't thinking of reversible vinyl, I meant actually spraying the inside. I only thought if you were going to open them up to address really bad yellowing, they're not a sealed unit anyway otherwise how would you change the bulbs?
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

I think Vinxy meant that he would not be able to peel off the eye lids at a later date if painted on the inside. Im not that bothered about eyelids TBH i just wanted to play with ideas that were cheap to throw away if not good. I want to spray the insides of my units RED but i cant drive my car for days whilst they are off which is not an option to me currently  s:( :( s:(

AckersMR2

Oh yeah....Doh!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

p3t3

Quote from: "dj vinxy"on a black 2, the chrome - post facelift headlights look STUPID! looks like two big goggly eyes!

Yep i totally agree hence the first things i did was to pain the insides black

Quote from: "Carbon RX"I'm not that bothered about eyelids TBH i just wanted to play with ideas that were cheap to throw away if not good.
Ditto! and to be honest i think the flyeyeskit do look better on lights that haven't been painted black as you said. The pug lights look loads brighter than mine!

So folks, dont be put off buy thinking these flyeyekits are really dark and will block out lots of light. mine just look really really dark.

Now ive had them on for a few days and the novelty has worn off a bit i wouldn't miss them if i removed them, they are just doing a grand job of covering up that fading caused buy the sun   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   I'd keep them on the fog lights and indicators though.

Quote from: "Carbon RX"I want to spray the insides of my units RED but i cant drive my car for days whilst they are off which is not an option to me currently  s:( :( s:(
i was in the same position, its no excuse, they can be done over night you know   s:P :P s:P    s:) :) s:)
Any landing you walk away from is a good one!

2 of the left

OK - Now tell me - where do i find this stuff?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Tags: