What's the best sounding induction kit?

Started by Anonymous, December 10, 2012, 15:40

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "AckersMR2"It is a life long filter but I can see it being a pita to clean  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Just remove the cone and stick it in the sink, although you can't use your car for 2 days because then you have to leave it to dry  s:) :) s:)  That pic was of mine when I got it, looked a lot better when I sold it as I cleaned it.
What I was getting at is the process of getting to the cone in the first place!
Oh right yeah is a bit of a faff, I've got quite good at it the amount of times I've had to take the back bumper off!  You probably only need to clean it once a year at the most.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

andyroo104

Quote from: "onion86"Goes allllllllllllllll the way down the back and looks nice and shiny, I did like the sound too  s:) :) s:)

Sorry to revive an old thread but looking at that pic,would it be better to remove the bend on the stock air pipe to allow more air to be forced down to the filter?
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

trickyD

Quote from: "AndrewMason"Forgive my ignorance but what noise does an induction kit make? Doesn' t this kit fit on the air inlet? In my work we deal with air flow and (generally) the noisier the air flow the greater the flow resistance. On this basis you would want a quiet inlet for its smoother air flow and lower inlet losses...  or have a missed something?

Andrew.

Clearly you've never had one and enjoyed the amazing Sounds  s;) ;) s;)

It's not an air noise it's the noise of the engine :O
You have less in the way, so you can hear thousands of small explosions which sounds like a lion.
Car manufacturers work hard to hide from you the fact that you have an explosives factory in the car.
Apparently we don't want to hear this..

But as has been said already, the standard air intake designs are often very good. So power gains are often rare.
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Metalligator

Quote from: "trickyD"
Quote from: "AndrewMason"Forgive my ignorance but what noise does an induction kit make? Doesn' t this kit fit on the air inlet? In my work we deal with air flow and (generally) the noisier the air flow the greater the flow resistance. On this basis you would want a quiet inlet for its smoother air flow and lower inlet losses...  or have a missed something?

Andrew.

Clearly you've never had one and enjoyed the amazing Sounds  s;) ;) s;)

It's not an air noise it's the noise of the engine :O
You have less in the way, so you can hear thousands of small explosions which sounds like a lion.
Car manufacturers work hard to hide from you the fact that you have an explosives factory in the car.
Apparently we don't want to hear this..

But as has been said already, the standard air intake designs are often very good. So power gains are often rare.

It 'sounds' much faster though. It's like the performance increase you get from racing stripes...

trickyD

Oh absolutely!
Wasn't knocking them  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

dkirkwood89

Quote from: "XI Thomas IX"I've recently installed a K&N induction kit which cost me £150.
There is no noticable increase in sound before about 4500 rpm, but putting your foot through the revs in 2nd or 3rd.... OMGoshhhhhhhh
The sound is amazing, it sounds like a fighter jet taking off behind me! I'll try and get a video of before/after for you, but this kit was recommended by many people to me and was very easy to install  s:) :) s:)
Deffo suggest taking a look at it before buying something else, bought off ebay brand new.

Just merely browsing on my lunch hour...

Thomas - just wondering where you positioned oyu k&n? Just where the std panel filter was or behind the battery?
2004 Red Edition, Hard Top, TRD Short Shifter, CBS CDA Induction Kit

Tags: