I have a girgle!

Started by Anonymous, June 23, 2004, 15:22

Anonymous

Wondering if  anyone else has this. i got in the car today after quiet alot of rain overnight. I drove off and under acceleration and braking i get a sloshing and a girgle. It sounds like there is water behind me and its moving about. I cant see any water on the rear shelf (where the roof folds into). Possibly there may be water in the rear storage space, but until it stops raining i cant have a look.

Does anyone else get this?
Have i got a leak or is it water runninig out of the drainage things behind vents!?

Anonymous

Sounds like your drainage holes are blocked. You need to get your hand right down the side of the parcel shelf and have a rummage around there and expect gunk!!!

If it isn't there, then it is probably down in the pipes that drain off there. I had it a while ago, but cleaned them and the sound stopped (and there was a puddle under the car where the water drained from!)

Anonymous

i thought i heard a sound similar to that the other day. but i dont really fancy takin the vents off as ill probly break them!   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Ok I think that was the problem. I had advice off Stevej too and i took the side vents off. I feel dumb as i'm asking silly questions but i'm sure some one else will want to know what to do!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I ripped the vents off and poured warm water on the roof in line with the vent. poked around in outlet and loads of crap came flooding out. pulled the rubber flap off for good measure.

Might be worth a proper article with pictures. cos boy do i feel dumb now.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

SimonC_Here

I belive there is one. Not here which could be an idea but search found:

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4003&view=previous

With a link to Euroroadster.

Simon

Anonymous

Wouldn't feel dumb mate. If you do't know, you don't know. Simple. But has the SOUND gone now?!!!!???  s:?: :?: s:?:   Thats the important thing. And I hope you didn't damage your side vents. I broke my old pre-03 ones when changing them to post-03 ones!!!

Anonymous

Been out last hour in the rain and havent heard anything. Fingers crossed it has sorted it.
Thanks guys

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"i thought i heard a sound similar to that the other day. but i dont really fancy takin the vents off as ill probly break them!   s:? :? s:?

Maybe you don't have to. You can access the drain pipe from above as well, check the Euroroadster-link for pics, and use some flexible wire to pop the lower vent open. Then just flush it with tons of water  s8) 8) s8)

Also, there seems to be a small puddle of water somewhere, which makes a small noise when you move the car the first time, but then just goes away. Probably water sitting near the top drain, but can't get to it. I actually get that quite often, it's nowhere near as loud as the water in storage compartments, but it's there when you know to listen to it (DMAN SpyderChat for making me listen to everything  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: )...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I found two pools of water in my luggage lockers this weekend after a downpour.  Checked the top drainage holes and these were clear but water was seriously backed up on the passenger side hole.

Removed the side intakes and cleared the water outlets.  The cause of the water blockage was the passenger outlet clogged up with leaves and crud.  

TOP TIP... Don't lift the outlet flap with your face too near it as you will get a torrent of stagnant water and crap right in the kisser   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tags: