1zz ECU 2zz engine

Started by p3t3, June 7, 2013, 15:41

p3t3

Just another quick one.

How bad is it running the 2zz on a 1zz ecu, obviously staying away from the desirable 6krpm mark.

This is not a long term solution I may add. just to move the car around.

ta.
Any landing you walk away from is a good one!

Anonymous

I would say risky due to the engines being so different, and that's if it runs.

MattPerformance

I would hazard a guess to say that it would run.  I imagine most of the components (MAF, crank sensor, cam sensor, VVTI mech and OCV etc etc) if not identical will operate the same.
The main issue would be injector size so you'd want to swap injectors over.  You'd probably need to do something with the O2 sensors two since IIRC the 2zz only has one in the manifold.
It can't really do any damage if it does run as long as you avoid heavy load.  I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

p3t3

well to feed back....

I had to do a 10 mile trip today on the 1zz ecu. it runs fine but with the mwr adapter loom I'm guessing the coolest temp isn't available as I keep getting a p0125 (from memory) and an idol of 1200rpm even at running temp, that triggers closed loop fueling.

few flat spots in the rev range up to about 4k. as to be expected to be honest.

On a different note..... Has anyone in the Yorkshire region got a jdm/usdm 2zz ecu???  :-) :-) :-)

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "p3t3"On a different note..... Has anyone in the Yorkshire region got a jdm/usdm 2zz ecu???  :-) :-) :-)

Steve-m-uk
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

MattPerformance

Forgot to mention the throttle body size difference, that'll account for the high idle

steve-m-uk

I have a USDM 2zz ecu sat here if needed?
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

p3t3

PM sent Steve

Cap

Quote from: "p3t3"well to feed back....

I had to do a 10 mile trip today on the 1zz ecu. it runs fine but with the mwr adapter loom I'm guessing the coolest temp isn't available as I keep getting a p0125 (from memory) and an idol of 1200rpm even at running temp, that triggers closed loop fueling.

few flat spots in the rev range up to about 4k. as to be expected to be honest.

On a different note..... Has anyone in the Yorkshire region got a jdm/usdm 2zz ecu???  :-) :-) :-)

I've done extensive testing running a 1ZZ Engine on a 2ZZ ECU..  I was looking for a Simple way to exceed the 1ZZ ECU's red line..  I learned this is not the way..

Here is a VERY long read about it..   m http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread ... Side-Sorta m

The P0125 was not a coolant sensor problem..  It's a Bug in the Error Routines of the Celica/Spyder ECU ..  the 125 actually refers to a Missing or Defective O2 Sensor Sig...

The Ignition advance will be a Little More on the 1ZZ ECU than the 2ZZ Engine is normally seeing.. One of your Fuel Banks will have been running in Open loop..  the other will have been in Closed loop..  

I have used a 1ZZ ECU without a swap harness, to start a 2ZZ Engine, to prove that the swap harness that we were using was bad..

Cap

Tags: