what bucket seats do you use?

Started by nialllol, July 25, 2014, 19:10

Rob988

Agreed, I planned to get some made over here but at £100 for a pair delivered I couldn't complain.  Shame they stopped advertising them.

Anonymous

Good value that's for sure!

Alex Knight

Pukka genuine Bride/Recaro sliding rails are available from UpGarage in Japan:  m http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/stock/ ... 010?size=s m

All you have to do is contact someone like Jesse Streeter:  m http://jessestreeter.com/ m  who will buy the parts and ship them to you. That's exactly what I did.

HTH.

Lee H

Are they the same part number as yours? T051 and T052?

All the searches I've been doing have been coming back RO, LR etc.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

Alex Knight

Quote from: "Lee H"Are they the same part number as yours? T051 and T052?

All the searches I've been doing have been coming back RO, LR etc.

Can't check the part number without removing the seats, however:

Bride RO rails also fit Recaro recliners:  m http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy- ... stall.html m

Lee H

I've bought them so fingers crossed they work. They don't seem to have the two letter type on them anywhere (ie RO) so no idea really.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

Lee H

They have arrived and that's £200 down the drain, not compatible with my Recaro's. Looks like they are for fixed bucket seats and the FG variety whereas I needed the RO.

Rob988

Are your seats side mounted? I'm happy to swap with you if mine will fit your seats as mine are fixed.  Is it a pair you have?

Lee H

Quote from: "Rob988"Are your seats side mounted? I'm happy to swap with you if mine will fit your seats as mine are fixed.  Is it a pair you have?

My seats are base mounted, they are Recaro trendlines out of an Accord Type R.

It is a pair I have and they look like they will sit pretty low. Gutted!

Rob988

Ok, well i'm happy to help you out if I can.  Mine are in two parts, the base and the side mounts.  There's no reason that an experienced fabricator (or anyone handy with a welder) couldn't weld some metal in the correct place for you.  

I can take my passenger seat apart to inspect feasibility.

Lee H

Quote from: "Rob988"Ok, well i'm happy to help you out if I can.  Mine are in two parts, the base and the side mounts.  There's no reason that an experienced fabricator (or anyone handy with a welder) couldn't weld some metal in the correct place for you.  

I can take my passenger seat apart to inspect feasibility.

Thanks but I really need them to slide hence buying these frames. Unfortunately there is no way to adapt these frames as they are just too narrow.

Alex Knight

Perhaps you should have gone with the route I suggested.

Rob988

Oh mine are on runners so slide just fine...

Its your call.  Good luck with sorting them buddy!

Lee H

Quote from: "Alex Knight"Perhaps you should have gone with the route I suggested.

I bought them through Jesse, not sure what I could have done differently?

Lee H

Quote from: "Rob988"Oh mine are on runners so slide just fine...

Its your call.  Good luck with sorting them buddy!

Sorry, thought when you said they were fixed they didn't slide backwards and forwards. What seats do you currently have on them?

Rob988

Meant the seats are fixed.  The seats are fixed back Brides. They're still on runners.

Lee H

Quote from: "Rob988"Meant the seats are fixed.  The seats are fixed back Brides. They're still on runners.

I think your rails will be the same as mine then as mine are Bride ones and appear to suit the fixed back buckets. They are exactly as the picture on the previous page.

Rob988

I built all mine up separately.  They're in 3 pieces.  The subframe, then runners, then side brackets.  It would be easy to change the side brackets to something under mounted.  They're all bolted together but are 3 separate pieces.

Alex Knight

Quote from: "Lee H"
Quote from: "Alex Knight"Perhaps you should have gone with the route I suggested.

Did you check with Jesse that they were the RO Type?

Lee H

Quote from: "Alex Knight"
Quote from: "Lee H"

Did you check with Jesse that they were the RO Type?

I tried but he could only get the same part number as me. Part number unfortunately doesn't seem to dictate what type they are as I did a lot of inconclusive searching before sending the money. Live and learn I guess.

The only UK thread I could find with the part numbers I've got was this one so decided it was worth a risk.

l viewtopic.php?t=13516 l

Lee H

Quote from: "Rob988"I built all mine up separately.  They're in 3 pieces.  The subframe, then runners, then side brackets.  It would be easy to change the side brackets to something under mounted.  They're all bolted together but are 3 separate pieces.

Ok, it's the spacing between the sliders I have a serious problem with and not sure how easily that could be resolved with yours as I assume the spacing will be similar as you have fixed buckets. Sliders need to be about 5" further apart than the ones in the picture. Can't make brackets as the bottom of the recaro won't fit between the sliders and if I put it above it will be far too high.

Rob988

Ahh ok.  Well if I can give you any further info on the parts from mine just let me know and i'll route them out.

Lee H

Quote from: "Rob988"Ahh ok.  Well if I can give you any further info on the parts from mine just let me know and i'll route them out.

If you could somehow measure the distance between the sliders that would be great please. If its the same as mine at least I know what I'm selling to the next person.

no1trancefan

Quote from: "VVT-i"Konig K5000...

do you have any pics of how you did seat belt? i was interested in these seats a year ago after seeing them on yours

Tags: