Immobiliser won't disarm

Started by mocelet, October 9, 2014, 17:26

mocelet

I connect the positive first because then if one end is connected and the other end dangles and touches the body work of the 2nd car, it doesn't short anything out. If the negative is connected in that situation then you get a spark.

Given the size of the spark, connecting them the wrong way round is entirely possible. I was rushing...

I have found the Toad box (an Ai606) and I think I have figured out how to disable it. I just need to work out how the immobiliser wires are paired. However, I unplugged its power connector and fuse Radio 1 still blew when I put a new fuse in, so there is another fault in there somewhere...

phaeton

Quote from: "mocelet"I connect the positive first because then if one end is connected and the other end dangles and touches the body work of the 2nd car, it doesn't short anything out. If the negative is connected in that situation then you get a spark.

^^^^^^ Exactly why it should always be done, simple process but one many many do wrong.

Alan...

mocelet

I think this is a job for a pro. I am sore from contorting myself under the steering wheel, and I know that there is another short on the Radio 1 fuse that I can't found. I will update this thread later when I get if sorted!

mocelet

Quick update. All fixed with 2 hours work by a pro. I had missed a blown fuse and they had to de-Toad the car. I just have to remove the now useless fob from the key!

There is still an intermittent short on the permanent 12V to the radio, but it went away when he wiggled the wiring and he couldn't get it back. It will probably go again in the future, but it is only the radio on that fuse.

Wabbitkilla

There was a recall on pre facelift cars due to wear in the radio harness. It's nasty to get down for a look but worth checking it out.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

mocelet

Are there any details on that recall, or is it something that Mr T would look at for free?

mrzwei

Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

onion86

Quote from: "mocelet"Are there any details on that recall, or is it something that Mr T would look at for free?
It's stickied at the top of the audio section  s;) ;) s;)  http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22552
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

mocelet

Doh! Thanks.

Tags: