rear storage doors

Started by mickeyfish, September 21, 2015, 11:19

mickeyfish

hi,,,,,,i am looking at fitting sub/speakers in rear storage area. if I can, I want to remove the doors, using a length of board for mounting them.
does anyone know if there is a safe area to screw, or bolt the board to. or even fit hinges and catches to the board ,if I can buy them. I have seen a previous thread, where the doors had a length of mdf fixed to both doors then speaker holes cut(seems like the way to go). would I be wasting my time with the hinges/brackets thing, or is there a better way.
also, are the under seat subs any good.

shnazzle

Can't answer the first part, but it might be worth looking at the threads of people who had done it and ask them.

As for "under seat subs", I've got under (In Phase USW-10) mounted above the pedals, under the steering wheel, and it sounds great.
It depends on the size of the woofer you want to put in the back. It's obviously going to deliver more bass if you get a bigger woofer. It's a tiny cabin, so I wouldn't bother with 10 inch woofers or anything. Pointless. One 7 inch woofer and 2 mid-ranges would really fill it out.
A good amp obviously takes a load off your head unit.

I'm running stock speakers, USW-10 with built-in amp and a Sony double-din head-unit and I think it sounds absolutely grand. Next job is to replace the stock speakers. But other than that, I'm very pleased with the USW-10 as a woofer.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: