AUDI TTRS CARBON SPOILER ON MR2 TURBO ROADSTER

Started by Willtord, October 20, 2015, 11:11

Topdownman

I think you would need a cape and a pair of tights to drive that one!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Willtord

Quote from: "Topdownman"I think you would need a cape and a pair of tights to drive that one!

Ok, so I just need to find a cape then.   s:D :D s:D

SuperArt

Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Willtord

Quote from: "SuperArt"
Quote from: "Willtord"
Quote from: "Topdownman"I think you would need a cape and a pair of tights to drive that one!

Ok, so I just need to find a cape then.   s:D :D s:D

Do you roam around the forest looking for fights?  s;) ;) s;)
Could make choosing the colour so much easier.
I'd have to quit gargling marbles, hang up my black tights & select my green ones & matching hat for that, I think.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Mikeymead

I kind of quite like it.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Willtord

It looks a lot better "in the flesh". The black panels in the pics are gloss carbon, to match the spoiler. All very cohesive.   s:) :) s:)  

tommyzoom99

looking good buddy, with all the other mods ties the spoiler nicely with the rest of the car

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Willtord

Cheers!  s:D :D s:D

DanGPR

Car is looking really smart, not talkig about slamming it but I think some slightly smaller wheels and a small suspension drop would really tie it all together?

Willtord

Quote from: "DanGPR"Car is looking really smart, not talkig about slamming it but I think some slightly smaller wheels and a small suspension drop would really tie it all together?
Thanks, It's actually not as bad as it seems. The angles the pictures were taken at magnify the ride height & wheels. I have a set of Tein springs to put on it, but am just considering options at the moment. I ran the same wheel & tyre setup on my previous car, with the teins fitted and there was a very slight rubbing on one corner when the suspension was fully compressed (only going over one pot-hole at high speed on one road!).
The turbo set-up in this car does a very good job of compressing the rear suspension under hard acceleration. No rubbing yet, but I'd imagine with the lowering springs fitted, I'd have to modulate the throttle a lot more. I could fit lower profile tyres, but they aren't available in the width I want to prevent wheel-spin when the turbo comes in. I could roll the inner arches but then I'd lose the wheelarch liners. . .
I may just lower the front. The gap is quite noticeable there, not so much at the back.
Decisions, decisions. . . .

Tags: