New Tyres?

Started by Chilli Girl, January 31, 2016, 18:25

shnazzle

Quote from: "Chilli Girl"Well after nearly 400 miles & 7 hours on the road, i can honestly say the new Falkens
behaved v well, some flash floods but they felt well planted! And the car, well what
do YOU think, ran like a dream! Brilliant.   s:D :D s:D

Good news. I was a fan of the Falkens I had on another car. Last a while too. Great compromise of price/quality.

The AD08Rs tramline like a mofo Scotte. It's the biggest negative of the tyre.
So if you plan on doing another numb-bum run this year, remember it's both hands on wheel at all times. None of this chilled out one-hand-on-wheel T1-R driving  s:) :) s:)  

I kid you not, the car will suddenly be pulled into tramlines if they're there.
...neutiquam erro.

peteyb

Quote from: "Chilli Girl"Have managed to give her a good wax wash but then it started to rain
so had to postpone claying today!

Gotta ask, how do u wax then clay??? Its clay first!! Lol

Chilli Girl

Yeh, what I meant was, gave it a wash which happened to have wax in it just so I got the
cr#p off it. Today, I've clayed, polished, wax & ended up with gloss protection. I dont
think it had ever been clayed as got lots of muck off! She's shining now. Shall get some
pictures up soon.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

s12vea

I was shocked the first time I clayed my car, and at the same time disappointed I hadn't used it before. It makes such a difference!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

shnazzle

What's even more disappointing is the number of scratches you've introduced after a good claying.
Soul-destroying.
But then you polish and wax and all is good
...neutiquam erro.

chillired

FYI I had a pair of Bridgestone Potenza RE040 215/45 R16 fitted on the rear of my 2 which had done about 300 miles and just recently fitted a pair of Potenza S001 185/55 R15 on the front. So far done 100 miles and my Red Chilli runs like a dream   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

puma2

Quote from: "chillired"FYI I had a pair of Bridgestone Potenza RE040 215/45 R16 fitted on the rear of my 2 which had done about 300 miles and just recently fitted a pair of Potenza S001 185/55 R15 on the front. So far done 100 miles and my Red Chilli runs like a dream   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

can i ask what did you pay for the rears please  s:) :) s:)

tricky1138

Quote from: "puma2"
Quote from: "chillired"FYI I had a pair of Bridgestone Potenza RE040 215/45 R16 fitted on the rear of my 2 which had done about 300 miles and just recently fitted a pair of Potenza S001 185/55 R15 on the front. So far done 100 miles and my Red Chilli runs like a dream   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Paul, I've just bought a set of rears from tyre leader for £79 each inc delivery.

Cheapest I could find!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

chillired

That's a good price tricky1138.  m http://www.oponeo.co.uk m  selling £81 each incl delivery. But their prices change daily!

puma2

Quote from: "tricky1138"
Quote from: "puma2"

Paul, I've just bought a set of rears from tyre leader for £79 each inc delivery.

Cheapest I could find!

thanks for the info  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

tricky1138

And arrived no problem.

2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

puma2

Quote from: "tricky1138"And arrived no problem.

nice one. how much then to have them fitted  s:) :) s:)

SteveP

Quote from: "Chilli Girl"Foxy had 4 new Falkens put on today for £250 so feel happier abt her having decent new feet.
There does seem a problem with the FL's tyre size, doesnt seem much choice if you want
to keep to same all round. Have managed to give her a good wax wash but then it started to rain
so had to postpone claying today! Got a load of soil out of wheel arches, think she'd been cross
country but then that's what Foxy's do!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Where did you get Foxy's  Falkens fitted as seems a good price have looked locally to me and cant get close to that price. Do you have 914's on the fronts as well? as I can only see them in an xl

Ardent

SteveP

They only do them in XL. (sadly)

Mikeymead

Quote from: "Ardent"SteveP

Now with not wanting to be shot down, in real terms I can't really see the problem with that. We now have very little choice in what we can get in stock sizes so unless your really caining it I think we just have to make some compromises.

I'm very happy with both the ZE914 and the Falken Eurowinters that I have.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Chilli Girl

Just checked my Falken paperwork & they worked out as £78 for the fronts and £105 for rears.
But then with the extras of balancing, rubber valves, disposal cost plys geometry set, tracking my bill
came to £322.00. Saying all that, like Mikey I'm very impressed with them for the price. I drove upto
Scotland in horrendous storms & felt perfectly safe with the Falkens, excellent grip. I went to Tyreland in
Salisbury
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

SteveP

Thank you for the info, I thought that you may have put 712's on the front.
I will go for the 714's all round, I just did not want to get the wrong ones  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Ardent

Quote from: "Mikeymead"
Quote from: "Ardent"SteveP

Now with not wanting to be shot down, in real terms I can't really see the problem with that. We now have very little choice in what we can get in stock sizes so unless your really caining it I think we just have to make some compromises.

I'm very happy with both the ZE914 and the Falken Eurowinters that I have.

Would never shoot you down Mikey.
Only commented for clarity and info.
I rate them and looking to get some on the golf. And like poster above. Used them in some serious rain and no issues.
Just glad I was not behind myself as the amount of water they shifted gave good rooster tails.

Tags: