Survey 1000 MR2's Reliability

Started by Anonymous, February 4, 2005, 16:01

Anonymous

I have come up with an idea to try and aid future buyers of the mr2 in terms of reliability.

How you might ask! Well I have noticed that we have 1092 registered users on this forum that could be surveyed on number of eninge failures, year of car, gears, mileage, etc. This might give a clear picture of how the pre-cat problem has affected members cars and how and when it has happened. What do the rest of you think, i know that we probably won't get replies from every member but even if we can get just 500 then we should have a very clear picture.

Please let me know if you think this is good or bad idea!

Bongo

I think that any of the 1000 that have been affected by the pre cat issue will already have posted about it. I think it's an exagerated issue just because no one posts that it hasn't happened to them.

roger

Quote from: "chr15athome"I have come up with an idea to try and aid future buyers of the mr2 in terms of reliability.

How you might ask! Well I have noticed that we have 1092 registered users on this forum that could be surveyed on number of eninge failures, year of car, gears, mileage, etc. This might give a clear picture of how the pre-cat problem has affected members cars and how and when it has happened. What do the rest of you think, i know that we probably won't get replies from every member but even if we can get just 500 then we should have a very clear picture.

Please let me know if you think this is good or bad idea!

Its being looked at by the mods / committee  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Yeah but as you only hear about the unlucky ones, it would be good to find out how many haven;t  had problems.

Anonymous

mods comittee ???

roger

Quote from: "chr15athome"mods comittee ???

The site moderators, the club committee. Whichever, whoever, the proposal has already been made.
Roger

StephenBennett

Quote from: "chr15athome"mods comittee ???

Yeah. It's a lot of guys hanging around Southend in Parkas on their Vespas.......

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Stephen

Anonymous

Yeah, everyone who has a problem will come on here to see if its common or not, so we'll get inflated numbers.  Test this by looking at first posts  + cat deaths, theres more than one I think.

Don't the AA have reliability figures?

Anonymous

Fine then, won't bother just thoguh seeing as I have a degree in statistcs thought it would be interesting.

I got better things to do anyway.

Anonymous

I thought it was a good idea!

Love the sig btw m8

roger

Quote from: "chr15athome"I got better things to do anyway.

Don't throw your toys out of the pram   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

Bongo

Quote from: "bigun007"I thought it was a good idea!

Love the sig btw m8

wouldn't it be better as:

We used to live in an Empire run by an Emporer, a Kingdom run by a King. Now we live in a Country run by a *ahem*

Anonymous

Spelling 'Emperor' correctly would also improve it no end...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

No offense meant like,

Anonymous

Poor sod has only been here for like 10 mins, lets not get on his back already  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

<Admin> And if this thread doesn't get back on topic, it will be locked  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  </Admin>
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D   THE PRECAT RUMOR HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME!
  s:D :D s:D  
Nor has any problem occured with the car, except where i reversed into a wall  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  
mines a 2000W reg with 34000miles inported from Japan.

my rating of reliability?
100%

Tags: