Hass Stage II turbo is here!

Started by Slacey, February 22, 2005, 18:51

Joe Schmoe

The only way I'd buy from them is if I could walk in the door, give them a check, take an accounting of the parts and walk away.  It would be just as inconvenient for me as it would be for our friends on the other side of the pond, but I see no other alternative to their problems.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"right it looks liek I'm missing;

Intercooler brackets
Air Filter
And they shipped the wrong exhaust option, single rather than dual.

grrrrr  s:-( :-( s:-(

This just makes me mad. No seriously, this is crazy.

I'm so frustrated right now that I can't really say more than that.

For over 4000 US dollars, and for over 15 weeks of wait.... this is what you get.

I'm going to give it 12 more days, which is actually alot, 'till I demand my money back. This has gone on long enough, and I'm not prepared to recieve an in-complete turbo kit after all this wait.

I feel real sorry for you Mark.

markiii

Well I admit it would have been nice to have a complete kit, and the delay doesn't do a lot for my timetable.

but hey, nothing you buy anymore seems to come complete, be it mas market products or whatever.

For a speciality product it's not so surprising. You woudl anticipate that whoever does the packing would be rather more thorough but from reading SC it seems that Jay is taking action with regard to this and Mark is moving on.

I'm really not that worried at present, the prrof is in how quickly Jay resolves it, as I'm sure he will.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"it seems that Jay is taking action with regard to this and Mark is moving on.

Bah, the only person who answers my e-mails quickly is leaving!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Well,
My Stage II kit has just arrived now. I'm in bruxelles right now though and won't be home until friday (why do I all of a sudden have this urge to take the next plane home  s:) :) s:)   ?), so I haven't been able to check it out yet.

Just thought I'd update this thread with some good news for a change   s:) :) s:)  ,

Slacey

Nice one! Hopefully Tom's kit should be here this week too. It seems Hass are starting to catch up!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

TommyD

News Update
Good news. Kit arrived today......big crate! B***dy heavy  s:D :D s:D  

Started to go through parts (takes ages to pair up the list). Seem to be one or two bits missing   s:? :? s:?  

Will give an update once I've checked again.

Main concern is the finish of my Turbo manifold (certainly doesn't look nice and shiny like Sean's   s:( :( s:(  

[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

Quote from: "TommyD"News Update
Good news. Kit arrived today......big crate! B***dy heavy  s:D :D s:D  

Started to go through parts (takes ages to pair up the list). Seem to be one or two bits missing   s:? :? s:?  

Will give an update once I've checked again.

Main concern is the finish of my Turbo manifold (certainly doesn't look nice and shiny like Sean's   s:( :( s:(  

Doesn't look the same quality does it?  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

So what are the bits that are missing?

Slacey

The manifold that Tom has recieved hasn't been thermal coated - check as to whether you specified that option or not. See your PM for more info.

roger

Quote from: "TommyD"Main concern is the finish of my Turbo manifold (certainly doesn't look nice and shiny like Sean's   s:( :( s:(  

Cause for complaint...or has Shaun paid extra for the de-luxe version   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tem

Who cares about the finish  s;) ;) s;)

But doesn't that look a bit unefficient?  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

TommyD

Mmmm. Wish I'd know that before I waited 7 months   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

I was just about to say that. Ceramic thermal coating was optional. It was a good thing Mark suggested this option to me as I otherwise wouldn't had thought about it.. which would really have annoyed me afterwards

TommyD

It wasn't even mentioned to me. Unless I wanted the pipes a different colour to the grey. The IC pipes are all coated by the way.

Anonymous

That looks nasty, brutish, and short.  At least it's brutish.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TommyD"Mmmm. Wish I'd know that before I waited 7 months   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Have it coated then - it's not a big deal to get it done.  I asked a ton a questions and did a lot of research before I ordered.  Not to be pissy, but you can't blame Hass for something you didn't order.

TommyD

Please don't flame this. I wasn't blaming Hass. I just didn't know there was a option on this. I just wish it had been made clear to me, as had the rest of the coating options when I ordered. Maybe I didn't ask all the questions I could have but you must remember when I ordered this over 7 month ago, I must have been one of the first few orders. More options have become available since then. I hold my hands up and blame myself for not thinking of it, and as you say it is a job I can get done. So no worries.

What is more annoying are all the missing bolts, nuts, serrated washers, hose clamps etc.

TommyD

Final list of missing items, all of which were ticked as being complete in the kit.  s:? :? s:?

Missing:
4 manifold studs and nuts
M8x16 bolts for oil drain flange
2 bolts, 2 nuts, 4 washers, M6x25 (for intercooler pipes)
2 x Mass Airflow screws
1x 25/32 worm hose clamp
2x 2.25" T-Bolt Clamps
2x 3" T-Bolt Clamps
1x 2" T-Bolt Clamp

As I said nothing major, just annoying.

Anonymous

If that's all your missing then that's great. Easily sorted at your local hardware store. I know you'll be eager to get it all installed but find somewhere near you that can coat it to a finish you want, not only will it look good but it will help with the heat.

Good luck.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "TommyD"Please don't flame this. I wasn't blaming Hass. I just didn't know there was a option on this. I just wish it had been made clear to me, as had the rest of the coating options when I ordered. Maybe I didn't ask all the questions I could have but you must remember when I ordered this over 7 month ago, I must have been one of the first few orders. More options have become available since then. I hold my hands up and blame myself for not thinking of it, and as you say it is a job I can get done. So no worries.
I agree you should have been talked through the options when spending this much dosh on your loved one, but its done. You are clearly not happy with the finish so get it coated over hear so you are 100% pleased with the finished project  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Quote from: "TommyD"What is more annoying are all the missing bolts, nuts, serrated washers, hose clamps etc.
For the cost of sending it would be better to buy these over hear and invoice Hass for the cost  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Tom,

Jay and co. will get the missing parts to you within a week if you give them a complete list. They did say this shouldn't be happening anymore, but hey, I guess they are  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

As for the thermal coating, as mentioned above you can get it done over here, but I'm not sure of ther cost. Just for reference the IC pipes are painted, not thermal coated - they are all like that, not just yours  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

aaronjb

Quote from: "TommyD"I wasn't blaming Hass. I just didn't know there was a option on this.

When did you order it? Just wondering, since the coating option on the manifold was listed on their website at least as far back as September last year.. (I didn't check any further back than that)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

TommyD

I ordered in September 04. Yes, you are right it does say in the small copy about the thermal coatings. Don't make me feel any worse..... s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
(though I probably read the high temp silver painted and thought that would look good too)

Slacey

I've had a quick Google and come up with a couple of places that do thermal coating - not sure if they are any good to you?

m http://www.plasmacoat.co.uk/index.htm m

m http://www.zircotec.com/ m

At worst you can always get some VHT paint to tidy the looks up a bit.

Tags: