BMC CDA induction kit

Started by Optimus prime, August 3, 2018, 12:30

Optimus prime

Gatouzze

Nice one! :)

Just to confirm, you ordered the 80mm diameter with 1/2 meter length?

Quote from: Optimus prime on August 22, 2018, 10:51
fitted...

Optimus prime

Yes , that's right. It slides straight over the existing pipework. 1/2 meter was plenty, in fact I trimmed about 50mm off it!

You'll also need some jubilee clips, I got some 70mm to 90mm ones.

it might worth investigating replacing the entire run of the tubing if you feel adventitious :)

Gatouzze

Thank you Optimus, much appreciated! I know the cheap mod I will order on payday lol

I don't really want to change everything as I will eventually change the whole intake system!

But for now a bit more throttle response will be enough ;)

Optimus prime

That was exactly my thinking!  :D

steveash

Thinking of doing something similar to this. Is the CBS air box smaller than the BMC one? What MAF housing have people used to fit either of these? Will it take extra mods to keep it running properly? My main aim is to increase induction noise but I don't want any power loss while doing it.

Optimus prime

If you don't want to loose power then you seriously need to consider where the 'fresh' air will be coming from. Behind the battery seems to be the best place in my experience and efforts.
If I were to do it again I would use a cone filter behind the battery.
I chose to abandon this mod and I went a different route. I did the MAF mod and i'm really happy with the results. Definitely worth a consideration

Call the midlife!

Quote from: steveash on September 12, 2018, 23:21
Thinking of doing something similar to this. Is the CBS air box smaller than the BMC one? What MAF housing have people used to fit either of these? Will it take extra mods to keep it running properly? My main aim is to increase induction noise but I don't want any power loss while doing it.
The CBS is smaller and fits behind the battery with a direct feed from the side vent using the flexi pipe. But it's a VERY tight fit length wise, you need to do a fair bit of trimming of the parts and hoses.
If you're going to use the CBS kit look at KODE shop, same kit for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

steveash

Quote from: Call the midlife! on September 13, 2018, 06:48
The CBS is smaller and fits behind the battery with a direct feed from the side vent using the flexi pipe. But it's a VERY tight fit length wise, you need to do a fair bit of trimming of the parts and hoses.
If you're going to use the CBS kit look at KODE shop, same kit for half the price.
Thanks, did you just cut down the stock MAF holder?

I spotted another alternative today - the ITG Maxogen AB65C airbox. This has the inlet at a right angle to the outlet so should fit much easier. Unfortunately, it is rather pricey.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: steveash on September 13, 2018, 22:20
Quote from: Call the midlife! on September 13, 2018, 06:48
Thanks, did you just cut down the stock MAF holder?

I spotted another alternative today - the ITG Maxogen AB65C airbox. This has the inlet at a right angle to the outlet so should fit much easier. Unfortunately, it is rather pricey.
Yeah, I had a spare one on the shelf so sacrificed it.
You ideally need a 45 degree elbow to put it behind the battery, 90 degrees would be ok to bring it out to the normal position but you don't get the same cold airflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: