Engine Bay mesh template??

Started by Slacey, August 6, 2003, 10:59

Anonymous

ally mesh is fine and often easier to use/cut, but you are best advised to give it a few coats of lacquer first to stop it tarnishing  s;-) ;-) s;-)   (voice of experience)

Comer

Quote from: "Liz"I went for Ripspeed   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   in the end because it matched the chromdesign grills better.

How much was the Ripspeed stuff then Liz?  I'm contemplating buying a decklid from Pelican at the moment.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Comer"
Quote from: "Liz"I went for Ripspeed   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   in the end because it matched the chromdesign grills better.

How much was the Ripspeed stuff then Liz?  I'm contemplating buying a decklid from Pelican at the moment.

And does it come in any other colours apart from silver? Black or metallic black?

Liz

Ripspeed stuff was £29.99 from Halfords, I only saw that they did it in the Stainless steel, hence it was a complete B**tard to cut up. You can order a ripspeed catalogue via the Halfords website...sorry don't know about other colours.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Liz"Ripspeed stuff was £29.99 from Halfords, I only saw that they did it in the Stainless steel, hence it was a complete B**tard to cut up. You can order a ripspeed catalogue via the Halfords website...sorry don't know about other colours.

Thanks anyway.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

here's a PDF of Kris's first post on this subject with piccy's and a template of how to do it

hope you don't mind Kris

file is here
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"hope you don't mind Kris

of course not   s:) :) s:)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"The Motorist Centre. I have a mate that works there so if they still sell it i can get it cheap. He's on his honeymoon at the moment, i can have a word when he gets back if you like?
I would be interested too mate.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

DAZ400

I take it is just a visaul other than functional thing the mesh, as when I did mine I cut holes in the drip tray and fitted the mesh to that, thus allowing the hot air to leave the engine bay and no debris to enter the engine bay.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

roger

Just to say, I have now got a Stage 1 MR2 - fitted engine cover mesh this morning thanks to Kris Clark's template.

Needed a couple of extra snips, but it worked a treat. Also took off the drip tray. It might be wishfull thinking, but I am sure it sounded better and performed better in today's hot weather  s:) :) s:)  

Black aluminium mesh bought from Motorists Centre, fitted as Kris suggested. The only problem took me about 1/2 hour to realise my garden pruning shears were the best equipment I had to cut aluminium.

One word of warning to anybody trying this, watch the the sound deadening trim when taking off the trim buttons - tears easily, but I have hidden that by putting a piece of the door edge rubber used in construction over the edge of the trim, on both sides - even though I only spoiled one.

Roll on Stage 2 - painting brake calipers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: