Torque Pro

Started by Zxrob, July 6, 2020, 10:39

Zxrob

Just asking

How accurate is it, or isnt it with OBD2 dongle

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

JB21

More accurate then the OE dials more so the rev counter in my 2ZZ. Dial reads 8000rpm redline. Torque pro with ELM327 reads 8250rpm redline.

Its taking info from the actual sensors so as accurate as you will ever get I think.

thetyrant

Its accurate as JB says but the sample rate from the OBD port isnt very fast so depends what your looking at etc.
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Zxrob

Cheers guys

Would that accuracy apply to HP figures etc, how about things like 0-60 times with GPS

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

shnazzle

I've always found that averages across multiple runs is the only way to get any accuracy due to the low refresh speed. 

Single values can be very weird.
Sometimes I'll see a MAF value of say 105 but then throttle is 14%...unlikely combination.
So it's like some metrics miss the boat on some refreshes
...neutiquam erro.

Ozzy

Quote from: thetyrant on July  6, 2020, 11:56Its accurate as JB says but the sample rate from the OBD port isnt very fast so depends what your looking at etc.

I haven't used Torque in ages as the pro version no longer works on my phone for some reason but there's an option you can change in settings to make the update rate faster. In return it used more mobile battery life though but bang on accurate if set to max.

shnazzle

Quote from: Ozzy on July  6, 2020, 14:42
Quote from: thetyrant on July  6, 2020, 11:56Its accurate as JB says but the sample rate from the OBD port isnt very fast so depends what your looking at etc.

I haven't used Torque in ages as the pro version no longer works on my phone for some reason but there's an option you can change in settings to make the update rate faster. In return it used more mobile battery life though but bang on accurate if set to max.
You can but its limited by the car. So in torque you end up with a bunch of duplicates in the output.

So you can only decrease the refresh rate to whatever the minimum for the car
...neutiquam erro.

tets

has anyone tried it with a wired OBD connector?
I use a wired one with my laptop for diagnosis but have just bought a Samsung Galaxy (for Torque Pro) to mount in the car and wondering whether to go bluetooth or stick with the wire

Ardent

Bluetooth works.
Can you go obd - cable - phone?

tets

Quote from: Ardent on July  6, 2020, 17:38Bluetooth works.
Can you go obd - cable - phone?

I should have made myself clearer - I bought the 8.9 tablet with USB and charger port (i hope)

Ozzy

Quote from: tets on July  6, 2020, 16:28has anyone tried it with a wired OBD connector?
I use a wired one with my laptop for diagnosis but have just bought a Samsung Galaxy (for Torque Pro) to mount in the car and wondering whether to go bluetooth or stick with the wire

There's no difference really as far as I know but for a car tablet install, bluetooth is probably the best way to go. It'll be a less messy installation this way and you'll still be able to use the bluetooth OBD adapter for checking other cars if needed.

Actually, only difference I can think is my wired adapter  required a manual connection to be made each time at start up but the bluetooth adapters auto connected once paired up, so bluetooth would be the way to go.

tets

Brill cheers - i'll order one

Tags: