Getting smartened up!

Started by Chilli Girl, August 4, 2021, 08:46

Chilli Girl

Dropped Sapphire into the highly recommended local body shop this morning for 2/3 days. If @Bernie likes them, it's got to be good. Both bumpers resprayed, stone guard sills, machine polish. Looking forward to seeing her on Friday! ;D  ;D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

puma2

:) don't forget for sunglass  8) when you pick up :)
it will be nice and shiny for you to get dirty taking it to Scotland then :)

there is something about a good clean 2 that makes you not want to go out  ;D  ;D

although  some dirty boys  like our Scott just don't no what water is for :))  :))

Zxrob

Nice one Jane

Unfortunately, all that work aint going to make it look as good as a beautiful Sable ;)

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Chilli Girl

I beg to differ Rob ;)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

je72

Do you mind me asking what kind of cost was involved in that work?
Lagoon Blue | FL | Almost dingless after DD2018 | Rear Calipers Aug 2018 | Clutch and Gearbox Oil Change Sept 2018

Chilli Girl

Yeh, not cheap but I wanted quality & they'd been highly recommended. Just both bumpers came to £500. Both sills were £300 plus machine polish & dreaded VAT came to 1k.The guy rang me up today to say there were holes under the sills where obviously previous owners had drilled out so that the TRD bodykit could be fitted >:( He's going use waxyol and fit rubber grommets in the holes to stop water getting in.

Mickemo

Hi @Chilli Girl cant wait to see what they do to Sapphire.

I was looking at the Beaulieu pictures the other day and thought how nice she looked, she is a lovely colour !

Chilli Girl

Yes, thanks @Mickemo, I like her shade. ;D

Chilli Girl

Well Sapphire is back home where she belongs.  At the exact time I collected her, the heavens opened up, literally flash floods, it was pelting down so after 8 miles of torrential rain I'm afraid she got rather dirty SO you'll have  to wait for pics once I've washed her.  Anyway, very impressed with BSA Bodyshop at Porton, Salisbury, now I know why @Bernie goes there! The bumpers are brilliant and the stone guarding really is excellent, I wholly recommend that you get your 2 done to protect the sills, what a difference and they pulled out the sill dent that someone very kindly did by using the jack in the wrong place! The machine polish has come up good too.  In two words I'm a very "Happy Bunny" ;D   Money well spent in my opinion!

puma2

:) i was going to be very surprised if you did not find there work excellent :)  :)
so sad when you have work done then it rains on 1st drive home :'(  :'(

the most important thing is Jane is a happy bunny  :)  :)

what next now Jane ;D  ;D   

Chilli Girl

Alloys @puma2 - yes, I was well pi@@ed off when it rained! >:(

Chilli Girl

Well I promised some pics, so here are some of Sapphire's resprayed bumpers and stone guarded sills (not a great pic but you can see why I'm chuffed to bits with it).  Unfortunately despite requesting them to debadge they forgot to remove the Toyota emblem but hey, there's worse things in life ;) You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

And yes, ignore the ears, it's the paintwork you're looking at. ;)

Ardent

Tidy.
Liking the personal number plate.
Pre Facelift Spyder

Joesson

Quote from: Ardent on August 11, 2021, 22:09Tidy.
Liking the personal number plate.
Pre Facelift Spyder

Hawkeye!

Ardent

I may not always see the wood for the trees. But I do see patterns where others might not.

Topdownman

Very nice!

Glad to see a

paintwork finished sapphire.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

puma2

:) blue blue electric blue  ;D
Jane now you more in Blue love with bright eyes with bright paint work ;D  ;D
keep up with the good work with lots more to come hay :)

Jane job list
keep going Jane 8)  8)

Bernie

Just playing catch on posts @Chilli Girl looking great glad Paul worked his magic on Sapphire his attention to detail is one reason I've always gone back
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Tags: