Air Conditioning Condenser

Started by Mikeymead, August 22, 2021, 15:50

Mikeymead

I know that the condenser on my car is falling apart but it's condition may have got worse due to a close proximity of a drill bit. (don't ask) Without removing the bumper I can't see if any pipes run across the top of it though I feel that they don't. So it looks now that I really do need to replace it, having had a search I can't see that any after market ones are available but have read that a 2001 onwards Corolla may fit. Anyone had experience of this or offer advice.

Many thanks.   
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Joesson

Mikeymead

Quote from: Joesson on August 22, 2021, 16:49@Mikeymead

Have a look at this @Bossworld thread, it may help:

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?msg=805442

Thanks Tony, sort of confirms my suspicion that I need to get genuine, hope it is still available.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

carolineasb

@Mikeymead  You've maybe missed my recent post on here, but we have just ordered a condenser from our Toyota dealer and includes the o rings for £206 + vat. There is another post on here saying that the OP got one from tcb for £230 last year so thinking that there's likely to be a price increase, we thought it's just as well to get direct from Toyota. We're also picking up a service kit inc oil and wipers for c£56.
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

Mikeymead

@carolineasb Thanks for the info, have sent an email to TCB so will wait for reply.

Bossworld

Seeing as I've been tagged, my Mum has just had the air con recharged two years later. Was fine in the Spring of this year but seemingly not getting cold a month ago.

At a guess, something else in the system has a very slow leak (it is 17 years old after all).

Best of luck to you both with the new condensers and hopefully it resolves any issues you had.

Tags: