70 mph with handbrake on

Started by Anonymous, May 27, 2005, 09:14

Anonymous

Do you think there will be any damage? it was only for about 1 minute, but i was accelerating fast.

markiii

depends how tight, maybe warped rear discs? probable excessive pad wear at the rear.

other than that wouldn't have thought so.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

a friend of mine did this in Wales to another friends car and it never caused any worries at all
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"but i was accelerating fast.

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

With the hand brake on!

Can I have your engine?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Simon

heathstimpson

When I change my other car at the end of last year for one with an automatic hand brake release I lept forgetting to put on or take off the 2's hand brake  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

GSB

Should be fine...

Lets put it this way, could you smell the problem? If not, I shouldn't worry, brakes are designed to get hot, very hot in some cases, so unless you really went mad, and had smoke pouring out of the wheels and turned the discs blue, then you should be just fine...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

cheers guys, i wont buy a new engine then. Btw has anyone had a problem with birds attacking their cars, ( feathered variety ) mine is covered in crap, even at work the birds attack it, i park in different places and avoid parking under trees, does my 2 look like a toilet? its embarrasing

Anonymous

maybe u've a secret enemy who's scattering your car with bird seed ha ha.

Anonymous

that wouldnt suprise me. my ex is a nasty cow. i think it was her that keyed/ knifed all down the side. i really should get her back, but im not the vindictive type, if i was i have the ultimate plan. - she works in rushome a prodominantly asian part of manchester, so all i have to do is write 'i voted bnp' down the side of her car and whilst she's working, her car gets trashed. ( i would never do this btw, but it would be amusing revenge) and i wouldnt be breaking any major laws.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"cheers guys, i wont buy a new engine then. Btw has anyone had a problem with birds attacking their cars, ( feathered variety ) mine is covered in crap, even at work the birds attack it, i park in different places and avoid parking under trees, does my 2 look like a toilet? its embarrasing
Yes I have terrible problems as my area is quite countrified and multiple bird species like to sit on my house and trees craping all over the two motors regularly. This increases especially when they have just been cleaned  s:? :? s:?

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"my area is quite countrified

That can't be the same Milton Keynes I know and love, is it? Or do you have the concrete cows next door?

Thinking of that have they disappeared? I am sur I passed where they should be the other month, but don't remember seeing them.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"my area is quite countrified

That can't be the same Milton Keynes I know and love, is it? Or do you have the concrete cows next door?

Thinking of that have they disappeared? I am sur I passed where they should be the other month, but don't remember seeing them.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Last I saw they were at the Hockey stadium. There are a load of new trendy ones in the shopping centre as well.

I live in one of the old villages on the west side so overlook the old park and brook etc with lots of trees and wildlife around. Love the area and wouldn't really move anywhere else around to be honest. Much better than anywhere in london where I have lived  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I live in one of the old villages on the west side

Never mind about the cows, best place for them, they were getting a bit tatty any way.

Obviously you managed to stay out of the "trendy" MK housing. Good for you. Probably best of both worlds, country living, town facilities.  s:D :D s:D
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"I live in one of the old villages on the west side

Never mind about the cows, best place for them, they were getting a bit tatty any way.

Obviously you managed to stay out of the "trendy" MK housing. Good for you. Probably best of both worlds, country living, town facilities.  s:D :D s:D
I did buy my house new 8 years ago but its set amongst the old village with the farmhouse just by me. Since I've been their loads of new houses have sprung up around me; never mind. I better get this back on topic   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I don't think the handbrake puts too much pressure on the rear disc as its so easy to pull away with it on  s:? :? s:?

Tags: