Which spoiler?

Started by Anonymous, June 9, 2005, 09:05

Anonymous

Spoilers

I am thinking about purchasing a rear spoiler from Mr.T and I'm unsure which one to get.

Either a standard rear spoiler or rear sports spoiler.

Has anyone got any thought about which is best? Down force, looks etc.

Thanks as ever.
Mark

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Mark"Spoilers

I am thinking about purchasing a rear spoiler from Mr.T and I'm unsure which one to get.

Either a standard rear spoiler or rear sports spoiler.

Has anyone got any thought about which is best? Down force, looks etc.

Thanks as ever.
Mark

Mark, I have the sports spoiler and I live in Doncaster, so if you want to come and have a butchers...

xdesign

I have the MS-Design on (German). I like it the best.

Tem

Quote from: "xdesign"I have the MS-Design on (German). I like it the best.

Noooo, don't get that!

(I have it too and I like to be different  s8) 8) s8) )
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

xdesign

Oups! Sorry! No don't take that, it's not that good after all!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I have the TRD Three piece rear spoiler on my motor but you do need the full kit including front/side/rear skirts to even it out, it looks abit pony on a standard Mr-2.

Tem

You mean this one?

I'm sure it would look a lot better with any bodykit  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Yep, that's the one!!! My skirts are different though........

Anonymous

You can seem mine at  m http://www.spoilershop.biz/4466/26232.html m  Don't know if it's what you're after but should help you a bit more with your decision. Has a break light too so the back looks like a powerstation when you break in the dark - I love that!!!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I'm sure I can perceive an increased downforce effect with speed but it might just be in my head  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Just purchaced a spoiler From MR T. Thay got me 15% of price and of the fitting. At this price how could I turn it down.

PS Some call it a TT spoiler from the Audi TT I supose

Anonymous

Quote from: simonmr2Just purchaced a spoiler From MR T. Thay got me 15% of price and of the fitting. At this price how could I turn it down.

Kewl. Is that the poking of the end style, or the boomerang style? At least with Mr T you know they have to get the job done properly. How much did it set you back?

Anonymous

Its the poking style one. I got the style bar, twin pipes and the spoiler all fitted and sprayed for £1050. A bit of a bargin as he had Origionally quoted me over £1300. RRP for spoiler is £126 with out pain so push for a good price.

Anonymous

Well done sir   s8) 8) s8)   If we carry on this way we'd better watch Mr T doesn't go the same way as Mr Rover!!   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Rogue

Quote from: "Tem"You mean this one?

I'm sure it would look a lot better with any bodykit  s8) 8) s8)

We've got this one:

...and I love it - suits the car perfectly, but is maybe just a little on the skinny side? I've just ordered this one for my MR-S:

Although at 67" wide, my only concern is that it won't be wide enough...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rogue

kanujunkie

probably going to get slated for this, but i really love this design, only looks right with the bodykit though

[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

roger

Quote from: "kanujunkie"probably going to get slated for this, but i really love this design, only looks right with the bodykit though

Yes, the bigger spoilers MUST have a full-on body kit. More like a racer.

For standard road use, I much prefer the lower colour coded ones.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Rogue

Quote from: "roger"Yes, the bigger spoilers MUST have a full-on body kit. More like a racer.

Absoloutely - wings must be in proportion to the bodykit, which is why I've chosen the widest one I could find. Having pictures of it fitted to a Spyder is a bonus! I've also gone with the carbon fibre wing mirrors.

Rogue

Anonymous

Guys

Thanks for all your opinions. I am getting the Rear Sports spoiler from Mr.t

Mark

Anonymous

where can you buy the 3 piece TRD ones?

thanks.

heathstimpson

Can anyone post a picture of their motor with the boomerang Toyota spoiler that sits just behind the hood  s:?: :?: s:?:  I think I can only remember Perry having one but cannot locate any pictures on the forum  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

edward.carter

i love that apr performance kit, one of my favourites!  :-) :-) :-)

spit

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Can anyone post a picture of their motor with the boomerang Toyota spoiler that sits just behind the hood  s:?: :?: s:?:  I think I can only remember Perry having one but cannot locate any pictures on the forum  s:? :? s:?
This one?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

heathstimpson

That's the one . Cannot decide if to go for it as they are going for such good prices at the mo  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Quote from: "heathstimpson"That's the one . Cannot decide if to go for it as they are going for such good prices at the mo  s:? :? s:?

how much Heath??
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

roger

Toyota are selling their small back one for £170 unpainted.

I've just got the rear curved one on 2 stalks (a la Dan), painted, stop-light for £190 all in from USA - arrived today [this is where the very happy gif should go] but haven't unwrapped it yet.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: