Wastegate actuator recomendations

Started by jvanzyl, May 19, 2024, 22:14

jvanzyl

So.. following my foray into 25 psi wastegate actuators masquerading as 12psi ones. I find myself in need of a decent 10psi actuator. It needs to have the dog leg for the arm and be as long as possible.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Alex Knight

jvanzyl

jvanzyl

Quote from: jvanzyl on May 20, 2024, 13:20Excellent thank you Alex - that's the right shape, I just one that is a bit longer now.. the design of the TBO requires the arm to be about 3cm longer (need to measure exactly still).

Just realised I'm being silly- my existing wastegate is fine- I just need the longer eyelet thing that attaches to the arm! Doh!  The current one about 8.5cm so I need something a tiny bit longer orrr I chop this in two and add a bit of metal..

https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Actuator_Long_Turn_Buckle_FMTBU1--product--119.html

Just need to measure the size of the hole now.. and hope that my one is 1/4 unf (whatever the heck that is)

Petrus

Quote from: jvanzyl on May 21, 2024, 19:18Just realised I'm being silly- my existing wastegate is fine- I just need the longer eyelet thing that attaches to the arm! Doh! 

Ah... so these things happen to others too  :-[

At least you have realised befóre buying the other one instead of having the ´aha´-erlebnis when it is still under way ::)

Tags: