My car has turned into a bomb!

Started by Slacey, July 11, 2005, 06:46

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Tem"Guess how nervous I was today, starting the car after 3 days when it's been some 30C here daily  s:? :? s:?  I actually opened the other PCV hose and sniffed for gasoline before starting  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
LOL!

I think part of my problem may have been that I now have the krankvents installed - the stock PCV valve does work as a two-way device which may have relieved the pressure, but the krankvent would have prevented the pressure escaping.

I have the krankvents as well...even if the guy selling them said they are transparent when off boost, I doubt it. You can feel a small resistance when you blow on it before it starts to flow. I'm not sure if that affects anything, but the difference is there.

I think you're bound to get some fuel in the system when you turn the engine off. Seems the ignition and fuel cut off at a same time, so there's a big chance of some unburned fuel in the intake and/or cylinders...

No idea if Toyota does this, but according to a friend, Opel has this system where they fire all spark plugs few times when you turn the ignition on. That's supposed to clean them and reduce starting emissions or something like that, forgot the details. If Toyota has a similar system, that would explain why it blew when you turned the ignition on  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

The car is still playing up, with this stuttering under load still occuring. I will be pulling all of the pipes from the thottle body / manifold today to check for splits and holes, pulling the spark plugs to check those and also the injectors for a visual inspection. Bill (WTS) and Jay at Hass both suspect an injector, but unless it is obvious after a visual inspection, I'm not sure how I will find the dodgy one if that is indded the case!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Worth asking Perry where he had his injectors ultrasonically(i think) cleaned and flow tested, to see if they are working ok. They had a very fast turn around IIRC.

Slacey

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Worth asking Perry where he had his injectors ultrasonically(i think) cleaned and flow tested, to see if they are working ok. They had a very fast turn around IIRC.
I will. Jay has offered to send out a new injector(s) if found that they are the cause, but like I said I need to determine if they are indeed the problem so these guys could probably help,
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

You sure that you haven't cracked your inlet manifold?

Tags: