Those who've gone from early to post '03 cars -

Started by proeliator2001, July 12, 2005, 21:09

GSB

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "nighthawk"How would I spot this extra stiffening beneath the car?

There is always somebody who has done the hard work   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4807

Thanks Roger...

Also, check here for pictures of the new braces. Click on the links in Joe Schmoe's post for bigger, better pictures... This new bracing is so stiff that the same strut brace that transformed my old '01, had no percievable effect on my '04. I really couldn't tell the difference with it on or off. Wierd...

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight= m
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

proeliator2001

Mine has the projector lights, all 03 models onwards do.  MUCH better light than the pre 04 CTRs.

Actually, you can tell from my avatar  <------
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Thanks Pro

I must say, that until i saw that pic of your car I hadn't noticed the dip beam units, i'd assumed that the dip and main were on the same bulb.

I'll be sure to check it out .  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Out of this whole thread there are many instances of tyre issues causing instability. Not an uncommon conversation.

However. what, in the view of those who have tested many are the best 4 tyres to buy for your MR2 (Pre 03) at this moment in time. I am not talking track, daily use.

markiii

best value Toyo Proxies

best performance? I'd argue teh S03 is a better tyre, but you will pay for teh privilige
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"best performance? I'd argue the S03 is a better tyre, but you will pay for the privilige

For outright grip I'd agree with you there mark - although I found (on the Nissan) the Toyo's (T1R that is) to be more progressive..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: