Chrome fuel flap cover

Started by gun41, August 7, 2005, 09:04

gun41

Hi

Just ordered a MR2 for September delivery

does anyone know where i can buy a chrome fuel flap surround
without the expense of the full chrome kit
my dealer said its no longer available to buy
2005 55 Plate, Silver, Red Leather Seats, TTE Style Bar, TTE Rear Sports spoiler, Chrome Fuel Surround

spit

Great choice of car Gun!

I'm surprised the Toyota Chrome Collection isn't still around - they were still plugging it heavily not 12 months ago.....maybe it never took off.

Worth a hunt around some other MrT dealers as they're varied in their knowledge of what they can get hold of (à la recent bodykit thread).

Only other one I've come across for the '2 is the Fuel Lid Garnish from Japanparts http://www.japanparts.com/shop/shop.cgi?mode=itemlist&maker=Toyota&type_car=MR%2dS+%3cMR2+Spyder%3e&type_second=Interior+and+Exterior&type_third=Exterior+%2d+others at £53, but its got the inner detail too.

There's also a German firm doing a lot of chrome (?chromdesign.de) but AFAIK they don't do fuel cap trim.

.....or you can check back here from time to time for items for sale.

.....or wait until you get the car and decide its better not to bother  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Good luck.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Chromdesign have it listed but I don't think it can be purchased seperatly:
 m http://www.chromdesign.de/e4400202.htm m

Go check out  m http://www.esad-online.de m , they sell a couple of different designs. I have the chrome one with the j-spec badge on it. looks really good

gun41

Thanx spit & RedRacer for your speedy informative replies

spit - I think the chrome option pack is still available - the styling bar, fuel flap & twin exhaust - at £900 very tempting but....

I have only got limited funds left - was trying to purchase just the fuel flap
but my dealer said it was no longer available to purchase separately

How does the fuel flap fit - does it screw onto the original
or does it fit over the original flap with an adhesive?
2005 55 Plate, Silver, Red Leather Seats, TTE Style Bar, TTE Rear Sports spoiler, Chrome Fuel Surround

spit

Quote from: "gun41"How does the fuel flap fit....?
I don't know, but there's bound to be someone here who does.
It might still be worth haggling for the part as a separate - the dealer may give in if he knows you won't be tempted with a full kit.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Peter Wright

Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

gun41

Peter

Many thanx for the info - just what i want

wish me luck with my bidding

gun41

I am gutted

bidded £101 -was going to Dominican Republic the day the auction ended

beaten by £2

if any member knows any where that is selling the chrome fuel surround

preferably in the UK

(same one that is in the chrome collection) would be grateful

Chromdesign dont sell seperatly

roger

Did you look at the ESAD one?

Either direct from them in Germany or through Dieamond in France @ 122 euros, both + p&p.

Might even end up less than £100   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

http://www.mrs-passion.com
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

You should still consider esad's fuel lids, they look good.

Just to show you, here's the one I have

gun41

agree RedRaceR looks good

how does it fit - is it just self adhesive?

Anonymous

no you have to drill into the original fuel lid

roger

So no second thoughts then   s:? :? s:?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Quote from: "RedRaceR"You should still consider esad's fuel lids, they look good.

Just to show you, here's the one I have

Can you show a bigger picture of just the fuel cap fitted please  s:?: :?: s:?:  

I may get this one and sell you my Toyota supplied one Gun41  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

heathstimpson

It does lokk nice IMHO; another item to the list  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

gun41

finally got a chrome fuel surround & chrome scuff plates

£38 including delivery on ebay - absolute bargin! ( came from a toyota dealer)

Just after a chrome syle bar if can get one - My toyota dealer wanted over £400 including fitting when i purchased my 2 in September

has any member seen these cheaper?

Anonymous

personaly i would be looking for some chrome hoops, think they look a lot nicer than the style bar, there are a few group buys on this site as well as spyder chat, not too sure on the price but i'm guessing there cheaper the the TTE Style bar.

Try a search

kanujunkie

those come in Chrome finish as well
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Does this business still exist?  I have sent an email and a PM expressing an interest in ordering the chrome fuel flap cover with the MR2 eagle but have not received a response from either.

dimwit

Quote from: "gun41"Just after a chrome syle bar if can get one - My toyota dealer wanted over £400 including fitting when i purchased my 2 in September

has any member seen these cheaper?

Yep, £55 brand new from a Toyota dealer, on eBay...Just keep an eye out, there are some good deals out there, also TTE lowering springs, £50 brand new from another dealer on eBay....  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

There's TTE springs for the Yaris and Avensis but not a '2. I got all excited then.   s:( :( s:(

dimwit

Nemesis, try  giving Bentleys (warrington) a phone 01925 818515, thats who sold mine, worth a shot i think...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Ahh, ta very much. I'll certainly do that.   s:D :D s:D

dieamond

Quote from: "travsmith"Does this business still exist?  I have sent an email and a PM expressing an interest in ordering the chrome fuel flap cover with the MR2 eagle but have not received a response from either.

I have some in stock  :-) :-) :-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Tags: