SOFT TOP STRAPS

Started by jamfe355, August 17, 2005, 16:39

jamfe355

Thanks for the advice, however i recently went to have a look at a  brand new mr2 in a toyota showroom.........and came away with a soft top strap for mine!!!
2002 balck MR2, Eibach springs, Apexi exhaust system, corky\'s, cusco front and rear brace, lower front tie bar,  Bmc carbon air filter plus some minor tweeks.

philster_d

I put my arm though, this thread and people suggesting i use a coat hanger or a cane makes me think im htreading it through the wrong place.

Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"I put my arm though, this thread and people suggesting i use a coat hanger or a cane makes me think I'm htreading it through the wrong place.

Phil

Inside the wide "arm sized" channel there is a smaller one, just a gnats winky wider than the strap itself.

I was still having probs with ears when threaded through just the wide channel, but after reading a post from someone (apologies to them...I can't remember who   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )  saying the strap should be through the narrow "inner" channel, I have had no ears and no unpopping of the studs since, 'twas a top tip!!   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

philster_d

I wonder if this strap could reduce the rubbing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"I wonder if this strap could reduce the rubbing.

Have you tried KY?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: