Light weight wheels

Started by spynish, August 20, 2005, 19:47

spynish

Hi!

You may have already seen these wheels, but I hadn't and I'm really impresed on how light they are!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Also, I like the looks a lot!  s:D :D s:D  

What do you think? Has anyone bought these wheels???

http://veloxperformance.com/pdut_detail.asp?LineID=7&CateID=20&ProductID=23&mmdd=product

Tem

Quote from: "spynish"What do you think?

I agree, they are light and look nice. However $1200 (+shipping+tax) for a set is a bit of a turnoff  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

And not much choice in sizes.  But they do look nice.

spynish

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "spynish"What do you think?

I agree, they are light and look nice. However $1200 (+shipping+tax) for a set is a bit of a turnoff  s:? :? s:?

I also agree with you Tem, there is another option not bad either, the Vx6R model. They weight a bit more (14.5) but are a lot cheaper, 680$, and they look quite similar (though I still prefer the first ones...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ).

Anonymous

A company called Rota also do some nice lightweight wheels and the price is a little more reasonable

w www.rarerims.co.uk w

philster_d

They are quite like mine

spynish

Quote from: "bigun007"A company called Rota also do some nice lightweight wheels and the price is a little more reasonable

w www.rarerims.co.uk w

Hi, I have to agree with you that they are nice but the lightest one (15.5, heavier also) of this company (Attack) is quite similar to stock ones   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Like more the subzero, but are even heavier (16.5-16.9), so...

Any idea of any wheels brand really light, cheap and easy to find in Europe?   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

How heavy are the original Toyota wheels?

aaronjb

Quote from: "spynish"Any idea of any wheels brand really light, cheap and easy to find in Europe?   s:D :D s:D

Not after much, eh Spyni?  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

spynish

Quote from: "Noble"How heavy are the original Toyota wheels?

The stocks are (front/rear) 14.6lb/15.2lb  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spynish

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "spynish"Any idea of any wheels brand really light, cheap and easy to find in Europe?   s:D :D s:D

Not after much, eh Spyni?  s;) ;) s;)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  !

The thing is I'm really pissed of here in Europe we have a quite worse light wheels market...  s:( :( s:(

aaronjb

Quote from: "spynish"The thing is I'm really pissed of here in Europe we have a quite worse light wheels market...  s:( :( s:(

I know what you mean - the big Euro manufacturers like Momo etc seem to make the heaviest lumps of wheel known to man, always have. OZ do make some nice wheels, but they're expensive..

Japan has all the night lightweight wheels - but like you say, they cost big money..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"Japan has all the night lightweight wheels - but like you say, they cost big money..

Japanese wheels are much cheaper in US, so you probably want to buy them there...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Oz Superleggra's are Luuurrrrrvely but i dunno if our car is one of the few they won't suit :S

philster_d

Check my new sig picture, the wheels on my old mk2 are OZ suppa leggas. Easy to imagine them swapped.  s:) :) s:)

/Philster.

Anonymous

just get rotas...
just in case you lot didnt know they make replicas of the most popular JDM rims...
nearly as light as the real ones too...
for half the price...

anyone got any pics of some rota D1's on a black mr2

s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spynish"Hi, I have to agree with you that they are nice but the lightest one (15.5, heavier also) of this company (Attack) is quite similar to stock ones   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Like more the subzero, but are even heavier (16.5-16.9), so...

Any idea of any wheels brand really light, cheap and easy to find in Europe?   s:D :D s:D
their lightest wheel is the slipstream anyway!!??? not the attack...   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

I've just stuck some Slipstreams on the '2 at the weekend. They're very light indeed, got the weights written down at home somewhere.

Kept as close to stock +03 as possible.
15x6.5 40et
16x7 45et
  s8) 8) s8)

Antman

Hi Simon,

Did you use the original Toyota locking wheel nuts with the Slipstreams, or did you have to go after market - McGuard or the like?

Cheers!
Ex - 2006 Lagoon Blue with black leather interior, K&N filter, J-spec nose badge, CLUB STICKER, TTE hoop for the bling!

Now - Porsche Boxster S, Arctic Silver - awaiting funds for mods!

Anonymous

Hi Antman,

The shoulder on the oem Toyota nuts is too big.
You need special 'tuner' nuts for Rota's (and most other Asian brands I think).
Obviously the wheels come with correct smaller non-lock nuts.

I got a set of Mcgard black 'tuner' lock nuts for mine from here.

m http://www.priracing.co.uk/section.php?xSec=58 m

Be aware the standard wheel brace will be useless as well with these due to a different hex size for the 'key'.

Get yourself a 'spider' or cross type with different hex sizes on.

heathstimpson

I used the Mcgard ones on my new ones too  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Antman

Thanks Simon! Good advice about the wheel brace! - It's one of those things that are easily overlooked!
Ex - 2006 Lagoon Blue with black leather interior, K&N filter, J-spec nose badge, CLUB STICKER, TTE hoop for the bling!

Now - Porsche Boxster S, Arctic Silver - awaiting funds for mods!

Tags: