red car white wheels, you decide (with pic)

Started by edward.carter, April 5, 2006, 14:47

leon_in_uk

i think its a bit too extreme to go with black.. think a high gloss silver would be about right...

but on a black car i would do what slacey has done. they look quality..
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Gazz

Not white Ed, go with black
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

dimwit

Sorry Ed, its a no-no from me mate...What about gold..

LeeUK

Sorry not for me, I saw a Silver EVO 6 with white compmotives, that looked cool.  I personally think white wheels only suit rally style cars. sports cars such as ours and the clear obvious Elise/Exige need anthericite.

But each to their own, if everyone had the same colour the world would be very boring..... go for essex girl pink   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Looks good.

MInd you I've just come from the 106 rallye owners forum where all our cars have white wheels as standard!

heathstimpson

I'm afraid I don't like white either  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

alancdavis

How about,,GOLD wheels    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

spit

A slightly lighter silver is nice on stock wheels of a Red '2 IMHO  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I saw a piccy on S'chat of a Red with bronze/gold wheels. At first I thought it looked grim but it sort of grew on me......

Am I unwell?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spit

Found the pics and braced for   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

Ready?
  :
  :
  :
  :
  :
  :

1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

edward.carter

now you all got me thinking   s:? :? s:?   i know what you mean about the rally style cars etc, but i think thats one of the reasons i like them and i just think white goes well with red not sure about that bronze and dont think a darker colour, ie anthracite or black will look good on red as its a lighter colour.  I think i might just bite the bullet, get some quotes, go for it.... and then decide   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Blue Car-White wheels, it is a bit rally style but I think this is a stunning looking racing puma! this nearly temted me instead of the '2

http://www.fordracingpuma.co.uk/ownerscars/frp482/482.html

philster_d

they look like mag bmx wheels or something

Anonymous

I like the white on the red, not the bronze though, really tacky.

ghollis_84

Hi Ed, i have Gun Metal grey wheels on red i think they look Awesome, if i can find a pick i will post and i will let you decide, but white is OK but would be better darker i think.

Grant
Red MR-S, TRD Stage 1 kit, plate V* MRS, AEM Induction Kit, TTE Springs, Pre-Cats Gutted, Corky, Custom Luggage set, BAMA, 03 side vents, TRD FSB, Gun Metal grey stock wheels, Red Calipers, Club Sticker, Clear indicators, Dev\'s

Anonymous

anthricate colour wheels on red look real good
but dark wheels on red cars look the mutts nuts

black is usually the common choice cause it does look real good

ghollis_84

I found 1 on the meet we went to the other day, South East Epsom,

Mine is the red one, good comparison with stock and 17's on Slurpy's,
Hope you like

Grant
Red MR-S, TRD Stage 1 kit, plate V* MRS, AEM Induction Kit, TTE Springs, Pre-Cats Gutted, Corky, Custom Luggage set, BAMA, 03 side vents, TRD FSB, Gun Metal grey stock wheels, Red Calipers, Club Sticker, Clear indicators, Dev\'s

edward.carter

cheersa for that, do quite like that, not quite as dark as anthracite, quite understated, and easier to clean than white. you know, i think you could be on to something there   s:D :D s:D   nice one

ghollis_84

No worries, they change in the light if you get what i mean.

In the sun they are quite light and look a bit darker than stock, but in bad light (i.e cloudy) they look even darker, but not black, glad i got you thinking

Grant

LeeUK

s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  Who defaced my car!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Talkin' of which, on my way home;-
Just driven past a new shaped Beetle...Lime Green, White wheels!!
Eurgh!
Too quick for pic i'm afraid.

Anonymous

i prefer the silver tbh...i think the white looks too gammy...takes away the eliteness of the roadster, imo.

mines red , but im thinkin o getting the rims painted black and a bita airbrushing to boot   s8) 8) s8)  

but if u like the white, go for it lad!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Clio-Williams-Jr"anthricate colour wheels on red look real good
but dark wheels on red cars look the mutts nuts

black is usually the common choice cause it does look real good

I was just going to suggest titanium colour / anthracite looks best on red IMO. Grant's wheels look the perfect shade. I'm thinking of getting mine done like that when the laquer goes again

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghollis_84"No worries, they change in the light if you get what i mean.

In the sun they are quite light and look a bit darker than stock, but in bad light (i.e cloudy) they look even darker, but not black, glad i got you thinking

Grant

Where did you get them done and what do they call the colour

ghollis_84

Quote from: "RUSTY"Where did you get them done and what do they call the colour

I actually brought them from a guy in the club who contacted me when i said i wanted some wheels, The colour is called Gun Metal Grey, if you want to know where he got them done i could find out for you?

Grant

Anonymous

GUN Metalic with Silver MRS rox

Tags: