Varis cooling bonnet

Started by dieamond, November 20, 2006, 14:01

dieamond

Some pics of my new front hood, under the rain  s:-( :-( s:-(

TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

northernalex

looking very nice  s:) :) s:)   Are the vents functional at all, in the way that you get extra downforce at speed on the front?

Oh and BTW what spoiler is that, I love it  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

dieamond

Quote from: "northernalex"looking very nice  s:) :) s:)   Are the vents functional at all, in the way that you get extra downforce at speed on the front?

it's functional to draw some heat from the radiator, but no downforce
to keep the bin, you have to use a black plastic "guide" which forces water away of everything in case of rain, so this prevents any downforce improvement

QuoteOh and BTW what spoiler is that, I love it  s:) :) s:)

hand lowered Rotora 3D GT (3.5kg including fixations)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

Anonymous

That rear wing is awesome mate perfect height is it carbon fibre? wheres it from?

also how do i get a pic in the side coloumn im asked for an url for the avatar but i dont know how to do that from  my pictures sorry for being simple

dieamond

Quote from: "michaelohare"That rear wing is awesome mate perfect height is it carbon fibre? wheres it from?

Rotora
I modified the rudders, because they were too high

Quotealso how do i get a pic in the side coloumn I'm asked for an url for the avatar but i dont know how to do that from  my pictures sorry for being simple

you have to host it somewhere, like imageshack

Anonymous

do you get the guide with the bonnet?  I only ask as the bonnet  would probably suit my charge cooler rad

philster_d

Might look nice on a black car

dieamond

Quote from: "perry190"do you get the guide with the bonnet?  I only ask as the bonnet  would probably suit my charge cooler rad

yes I had everything alltogether

leon_in_uk

very nice car. bonnet would look nice on mine, especially with the alloys
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

let me get over the cost of the seats and I might have one of those in the spring  s;) ;) s;)

Tem

Quote from: "dieamond"
Quote from: "northernalex"looking very nice  s:) :) s:)   Are the vents functional at all, in the way that you get extra downforce at speed on the front?

it's functional to draw some heat from the radiator, but no downforce

If you can draw some heat from the radiarot through the bonnet, instead of forcing it all under the car, aren't you automatically creating some extra downforce?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Slightly offt track. Just want to share my hood since vented hood is mentioned.

A different take on it.

heathstimpson

Nice purple stripes Simon  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Now that's not reflection, but some cool Meserati-rosso stripes I invented. You stick them on and make your 2 run faster!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

If only we could get bonnets like that over here without paying an arm and a leg  s:( :( s:(

can you still use the front bin/lid?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"If you can draw some heat from the radiarot through the bonnet, instead of forcing it all under the car, aren't you automatically creating some extra downforce?

Air rushes through the vents to cool the radiator, yes there is downforce. How much I don't know. The heat from the radiator doesn't escape through the vents though due to the rush of cold air coming down from the vents. Instead it dissipates through the front grill. The vents merely helps in the cooling and some added downforce.

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"can you still use the front bin/lid?

Simon?

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"If only we could get bonnets like that over here without paying an arm and a leg  s:( :( s:(

can you still use the front bin/lid?

NO! YOU CANNOT USE THE FRONT BIN OR EVEN THE LID. YOU LOSE THE SPARE TIRE!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

That's the whole point of vented bonnet. You get it to cool the radiator and provide downforce. If you still use the bin, how else can downforce and cooling come into play?

I'll say get the bonnet, tell the vendor to under declare it on the shipping form, and ship by boat to cut down on S&H and VAT. But pray everyday your bonnet wouldn't get damaged throughout the journey. That's what I did.

The bonnet is not that expensive. It is but not very. 550 quid max including shipping. It's the best looking bonnet I know though.

Anonymous

cheers matey, I dont have a spare anyway as i have Andrews 18" deep dish alloys so a spare would be pointless.

wouldnt want to loose the front bin tho, I was rather hoping that you could just remove the outer plastics to aid air flow and keep the bin/lid for trips away (luggage)

such is life

Anonymous

The thing is Toyota distributed the weight of our 2 with the spare tire in mind. Taking out the bin, lid and tire, you throw off the weight balance of the car. What I intend to do once I get back my 2 is to add a secondary fuel cell and relocate the battery to the front, cut the capacity of the primary fuel cell, to balance the weight out. One needs to be warned of the consequences of locating fuel cell to the front though. In the event of a frontal collisions. its KABOOM!!! But adding a smaller secondary fuel cell that's reinforced and linking it to the primary may be an option one can pursue.

Anonymous

It really is pointless and silly to keep the bin (not that you can), because in the event of a downpour, you might as well keep some goldfish in it.   s:D :D s:D

dieamond

Quote from: "perry190"can you still use the front bin/lid?

yes with the varis, thanks to the guide  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

thats why I referred to the bin and lid   s;) ;) s;)

nice bonnet just not for me unfortunately duwe to the fact that we use the car you go on holiday in so need every bit of luggage space.

fuel cell sounds like a plan, although with the bin in place a secured tool box or the likes does the job just as well

northernalex

how about some very heavy bracing under the front of the car? surely that will replace the wheel mass?
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"how about some very heavy bracing under the front of the car? surely that will replace the wheel mass?

I think the point is to distribute weight, not adding them.

Tags: