Varis cooling bonnet

Started by dieamond, November 20, 2006, 14:01

northernalex

Yes but if you say its a problem with the weight distribution by removing the wheel then replacing exactly the same mass in a very close position, like under the car as bracing should solve the problem?  Moving the mass closer to the ground will also move the centre of gravity downwards slighly increasing stability.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "northernalex"Yes but if you say its a problem with the weight distribution by removing the wheel then replacing exactly the same mass in a very close position, like under the car as bracing should solve the problem?

Commonly known as Alex's Heavyweight Anti-Spare Brace. still in the concept stage but Dr Alex is on the job   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

kanujunkie

Quote from: "evileye_xc"but Dr Alex is on the job   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

now exactly what do you mean by job?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

northernalex

Phil is just joking, I'm a physics, concepts are my thing, I leave the technical stuff to engineers.  Thats the relationship between physicists and engineers, a physicst says.. make me this, an engineer says... ok to make you that I need to make this and this and this and this.  Ok I'm rambling, unfortunatly the stuff i made on my phd were all for cryogenics stuff, not much call for liquid nitrogen on the 2  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

kanujunkie

and i meant job, as in a wee jobby!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "northernalex"not much call for liquid nitrogen on the 2  s:) :) s:)

How about the ULTIMATE cooling system for the turbo/ supercharger option?

Dr Alex's Freezeratronic Turbo Coolerinator? Just a thought from a thickie   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil
Phil

northernalex

So the bonnet  s:) :) s:)  lol
evileye_xc said:

evileye_wrx

Aye, I like it.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"Yes but if you say its a problem with the weight distribution by removing the wheel then replacing exactly the same mass in a very close position, like under the car as bracing should solve the problem?  Moving the mass closer to the ground will also move the centre of gravity downwards slighly increasing stability.

Now we have to ask ourselves what kind of braces are as heavy as the spare tire (11kg) where the weight is concentrated at one particular spot? Since the weight's been taken out, it wouldn't hurt to work with the current weight and try to distribute it. Get it balanced and having weight reduction at the same time is a plus dont you think?   s:D :D s:D  

Your idea of  moving the mass downwards to achieve lower center of gravity is definitely a right idea. The idea of having a secondary fuel cell in place of the spare tire is certainly not new, at least the idea of it is not. The Techno Spirit MR-S in Japan has its fuel cell relocated to the front (though I'm not sure if they relocated the whole of it, or partially). But I figure if you can relocate 1/4 of the fuel cell (equated to 1/4 full tank, that's 9kg), and cutting 9kg from the rear can be an idea worth pondering if you already have put on several kgs at the rear initially though. Or like you said, replacing something close to the weight of the spare tire to it's original place, we can just add the secondary fuel cell to the front, and be done with it, no weight reduction from the rear whatsoever. Making the combined fuel cell 125% of its original capacity.

What do you think Alex?

Tem

About moving the fuel cell from the middle of the car to either end, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. The main idea behind MID-engined car is to get most of the weight in the middle. Moving it away from the middle might not be a good idea, even if it improves the weight distribution measured from the tyres only.

If you already lightened the front, why not lighten the rear (and the middle) as well? Instead of just moving weight around the car, which always tends to add weight too, with new/longer hoses and wiring.

Or try to regain the lost front grip with other things. Like going from 185 to 195, playing with the tyre pressures and alignment. I have 195 up front, with less pressure than the manual says (for 185) and toe out instead of toe in. I don't feel comfortable recommending that to anyone, but I think it's worth a thought and maybe a try if you feel like it.  s8) 8) s8)  I'm sure there are other ways too.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

leon_in_uk

very smart looking car. (apart from spoiler)

good job buddy
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

That looks awesome, and i have to disaggree with Leon, the spoiler looks ace  s8) 8) s8)

edward.carter

i like the spoiler too, matches the bonnet a treat  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

superb looking car! blue and black work well together!

change your side mirrors tho! get some APR ones   s8) 8) s8)  

... still not sure about the exhaust tho   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

rtbiscuit

i really like it, the bonnet, and spoiler all work well.

the one minor thing for me is the large single exit exhaust, to finish the car off it would look sweet with a stainless twin, or possibly quad exit exhaust.

H & S make a lovely little system.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"the one minor thing for me is the large single exit exhaust

hes running the amuse titan exaust, lightweight and i think dieamond is getting a new bumper!

Very cool exhaust!   s8) 8) s8)

northernalex

pics look lovley.. whats the spiltters you have on the rear?
evileye_xc said:

rtbiscuit

i'm sure it is a good exhaust, but i was just commenting on the pics,

and when i said minor, i meant very small and insignificant.

i would be well chuffed if that was my car.

Previous cars:

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"i would be well chuffed if that was my car.

... i wouldnt! its LHD!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

dieamond

Quote from: "northernalex"pics look lovley.. whats the spiltters you have on the rear?

you mean the C-One aluminium under panel ?
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

northernalex

ahh thats what it is.. hmm interesting.. with my nappy off after fitting my H+S (i need to modify it a bit) could be worth thinking about.. however i now have a dual pipe.. so might need to modify the Al panel too
evileye_xc said:

rtbiscuit

to modify your nappy you just cut off the right hand side (as if you were looking at the rear) i think there is a line to follow if you look at the moulding. you basically take the side bit off. you loose the 3rd fixing hole but thats i got the swap over one from which was done by H&S

Previous cars:

Leeber

oops! Someone else was quicker and funnier.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Tags: