MR2 - PORSCHE - MR2 - ..........................EMBLEM

Started by Anonymous, November 23, 2006, 20:29

Anonymous

For those of us who have deviated to porkers, and in the case of Liz and I , returned

we now have just the emblem

in the same vane as ferrari wanabee kits, but a strange find as I hadnt seen one of these before?

weird   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

I was going to say that didn't someone on SC once have one of those, but then I remembered he stuck an actual Porsche badge to his MR2!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

evileye_wrx

I've often wondered if it would be possible to make custom words up in porsche style font for the back of the car. Like having evileye written where it would say boxster or carrera. Never got beyond the thinking about it stage but if anyone knows how, maybe someone in Malaysia, then I'd buy it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"I've often wondered if it would be possible to make custom words up in porsche style font for the back of the car. Like having evileye written where it would say boxster or carrera. Never got beyond the thinking about it stage but if anyone knows how, maybe someone in Malaysia, then I'd buy it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Phil

Give me the size you want, a font sample or a photo of the wording. I'll figure the rest out.

Anonymous

Not sure if this is the font you thinking about, or the cursive one.

evileye_wrx

It was this type of lettering I was meaning really...

Then I found this...

m http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/12/carr ... r-porsche/ m

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"I was going to say that didn't someone on SC once have one of those, but then I remembered he stuck an actual Porsche badge to his MR2!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Not a Photoshop (looks good, doesn't it?)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Once a lady stepped out of a silver Boxster, gave it an approving look, and said, "Oh, that's the NEW Boxster, isn't it?"  I had fun with it and then took it off.

Photoshop

By the way, that genuine (and new) Porsche badge was only $25 at Pelican Parts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"It was this type of lettering I was meaning really...

Then I found this...

m http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/12/carr ... r-porsche/ m

Phil

Phil, the cursive font is private and not available to the public. I've too checked the above link, the custom badge is freaking expensive!

northernalex

ouch, yeah that is an awful lot of money for a badge. But if you can afford a porshe, whats another 450 usd  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Why would you want to copy another's car style, when the MRS has it's own style?

cool_apple

wanna adapt from the MR2 malaysia spyda avatar?  s:D :D s:D
large pix

m http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/ko ... mblem1.jpg m

karlus972

Quote from: "perry190"For those of us who have deviated to porkers, and in the case of Liz and I , returned

we now have just the emblem

in the same vane as ferrari wanabee kits, but a strange find as I hadnt seen one of these before?

weird   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

WHY????
Madinina Style!!

northernalex

search the web for 3d domed graphics for that personalised name tag on the back, there's loads around  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "cool_apple"wanna adapt from the MR2 malaysia spyda avatar?  s:D :D s:D
large pix

m http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/ko ... mblem1.jpg m

Looks a bit like the Armenian National Flag

kanujunkie

[MOD] cool_apple, please can you resize your avatar as it exceeds size limits of 80wide by 200tall.

thanks

[/MOD]
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

There are plenty of free cursive fonts on the net that resemble the "carrera" font. IMHO they look just fine too. Search Phil, SEARCH!!!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Oh i could do with 1 of these for tomorrows RR so i can blend in with my toyota wanabee.  s8) 8) s8)

VVT-i

Quote from: "northernalex"search the web for 3d domed graphics for that personalised name tag on the back, there's loads around  s:) :) s:)

Check out Likwidart.. Maybe it's possible for Rob could copy the font and reproduce it in Likwidart form for you.

m http://www.likwidart.com/index.html m

A small example of the ype of writing he can do...

As long as you supply a big enough image of the lettering, i would think it could be done.

Oh!.. I am paying Rob a visit next Tuesday.. weather permitting.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "VVT-i"
Quote from: "northernalex"search the web for 3d domed graphics for that personalised name tag on the back, there's loads around  s:) :) s:)

Check out Likwidart.. Maybe it's possible for Rob could copy the font and reproduce it in Likwidart form for you.

m http://www.likwidart.com/index.html m

A small example of the ype of writing he can do...

As long as you supply a big enough image of the lettering, i would think it could be done.

Oh!.. I am paying Rob a visit next Tuesday.. weather permitting.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
We met that guy at JAE three years ago; awesome gear  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

spynish

Quote from: "perry190"

VVT-i

More Likwidart..... this time its on my own car.. I will post more pictures when i get the time,daylight and descent weather.. but here is a small taster of what i got done today....

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

northernalex

must say the likwid art looks fantastic, I especially like the ROADSTER. Would love to remove the badges on my rear (oh er) and replace with a massive ROADSTER  s:) :) s:)

What was the damage for the various bits if you dont mind me asking?

God this website is so hard on your wallet!!!
evileye_xc said:

Anonymous

Very nice indeed! I love it. Can he do chrome?

Edit: BTW, Would he be able to match my car colour with his work if mine is a non-Toyota colour? What would I need to provide? Lastly, what's the material use you reckon?

VVT-i

Lets just say the damage was over 300 quid, but it was money well spent imo.

As for colours.. well, Rob is an artist, so he doesn't just do cars he does everything and anything.. so its not just limited to Toyota's or indeed toyota colours.. he does do chrome as you will see when i get better pictures up.

Look in his gallery...   m http://www.likwidart.com/gallery/gallery.html m

Northeralex.. i have debadged the back of my car, and got "roadster" on the back just above the grille, same length as the grille.. it looks like you could go into toyota and order them.

northernalex

Quote from: "VVT-i"Lets just say the damage was over 300 quid, but it was money well spent imo.

As for colours.. well, Rob is an artist, so he doesn't just do cars he does everything and anything.. so its not just limited to Toyota's or indeed toyota colours.. he does do chrome as you will see when i get better pictures up.

Look in his gallery...   m http://www.likwidart.com/gallery/gallery.html m

Northeralex.. i have debadged the back of my car, and got "roadster" on the back just above the grille, same length as the grille.. it looks like you could go into toyota and order them.

Cool, exactly what I want  s:) :) s:)  Are your badges )in general) in black or are they transparent? Its hard to tell on the pic. Must compliment u again, it looks well nice!!
evileye_xc said:

Tags: