MR2 - PORSCHE - MR2 - ..........................EMBLEM

Started by Anonymous, November 23, 2006, 20:29

VVT-i

The logo's on my car are black.. but like i said he does every coulor.. one called "mother of pearl" is rather cool, it changes to all the colours in the spectrum when the sun hits it... i'm not sure but i would think he could do transparent logo's too.. would need to ask Rob.

Simontan...... The material he uses is like a soft rubber feeling plastic.. i have no idea what it is, but it looks as cool as a cool thing in coolsville   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

Oh... I know what kinda material it is.. However, I've yet to come around one-off custom work done for this nature. It's the same kinda material used by many sellers for the wheel badges.

I will have a word with Rob. 300 quid does sound expensive. But I do not know the extend of the work done. Perhaps the quality and extend justify this amount. I know it is a price I'm willing to pay for high quality though.

VVT-i

Simon.. if it isn't the same stuff as the centre badges are made of, it is darn close.. Rob told me others try and copy his work, but they use cheap quality materials.

The Quality and attention to detail has to be seen to be believed.. top quality workmanship.

What did i get for my money?...

Bonnet logo (chrome red and black)

Toyota logo with devil horns (black) to replace the silver standard bonnet badge.

Japaneese writing on both doors meaning... Power and Strenght, Style and Beauty

"roadster" Shadow writing on the driver side wing in black

"roadster" Shadow writing on the rear panel just above the rear grille in black

The Toyota F1 Logo just behind the airvents on both sides of the car ( Metalic Grey, Chrome Red and Chrome) both of these are complimented by the Devil horned Toyota logo (black) Next to each one.

A Devil horned and Tailed "Tax Disc Holder" (Black Circle with Chrome "bolts" with Chrome Red horns and tail... (this makes it look as if you can pull the tax disc off the screen from the outside.. a nice optical illusion.

All the above including fitting.. and after watching how it goes onto the car, i would say it is exceptional value for money.

But, the thing with graphics is.. not everyone has the same tastes, so you can't expect everyone to like it and some will say it's good money down the pan. (but most people like mine   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

I'm never a sticker guy, and I hate to say I like everything I see now!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   This indeed is well worth every penny you pumped. It is graphic of the highest standard and quality I've seen so far. Honestly, ain't we all tired of the typical 2-D sticker around? Gee we see it all too often on EVO, WRX etc in Malaysia and Singapore, all pimped to the highest distasteful fashion. This 3-D is a fresh delight and I must say I'm very very impressed.

300 quid sounds reasonable for the kinda work involved. That said, 300 quid is how much a senior bank teller earns for a month. It is a lot of money to the average Malaysian, let alone spent on stickers!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  But that said, I have a feeling my quids are hopping out of my wallet involuntarily. Looks like something I will get!

Are the graphics self-installable? I wonder if you have any pics on the chrome bits to show?

VVT-i

Chrome

As for self-installable.. well, its a fairly simple process for the more simple designs.. The logo comes stuck to a piece of greece proof card.

1 stick the logo onto your car while it is still on the card...in a place where you are happy with the positioning

2 Next get some masking tape and put it along the botom of the logo on the paintwork of the car, and another piece at a right angle at the start of the logo

3 remove the logo and the card from the car leaving the 2 pieces of masking tape on the car where the logo is going.

4 Use masking tape and stick it over the logo making sure that you get it wrapped around each letter fully, you don't want it to fall off.. also leave a small piece of the bottom edge of the logo showing.. about 3mm.. this is so that you can see it when you are ready to stick it in place

5 Once you have the logo covered in the tape peel it away from it's greece proof backing.. it will now be on the masking tape with the sticky side out.

6 takeing great care, place the logo on the car useing the masking tape on the car as a guide.. firmly press the logo onto the paintwork.

7 Remove the masking tape from the car and the logo.. your logo will now be in position on the car.

The process foe the logo ojn my bonnet is more or less the same, but is a little more difficult to carry out.. (Rob advised me to go to him to get this fitted)

When he was masking the car to show the position of each section of the logo, he used a lot of smaller pieces of masking tape... when he removed the logo and the card.. the masking tape showed a rough outline of the toyota badge.. he then placed each part of the logo onto the car between each of the lines of tape, then romoved the tape from the logo and it was on. The red Shadow he done free handed, he knew where each of the smaller pieces went using a numbered sytem and a picture as a guide.

I have seen some of the things you have made.. and i think you may have the touch to do this.. but it might be a good idea to get something smaller and follow the techniques mentioned above... you don't want to throw 150 quid away on a logo you are unable to fit (bonnet logo)

I will start a new topic as I have more pictures of my car now... instead of completey hi-jacking Perry's thread   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

enid_b

Quote from: "VVT-i"

The logo comes stuck to a piece of greece proof card.

:

now that is going to upset some of our european members im sure !!!!!!

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

VVT-i

lmao... ooops!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Well.. Simontan wanted to see chrome.. he got chrome & carbon fibre  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: