My Likwidart Roadster (not 56k friendly)

Started by VVT-i, November 29, 2006, 21:54

VVT-i

Bonnet

Front wing and door

Front wing

Behind each air vent (the white part in this logo is actually chrome.. picture isn't showing though  s:( :( s:( )

Rear panel 1

Rear panel 2 (notice how in this light it makes the logo appear as if it has been stamped into the car and not stuck on)
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

Love the big Toyota symbol on the front, but the little horned cowboy hats looks cheap and tacky IMHO.

Funny how in those pics the 'Roadster' lettering looks like a jumble of kanji, except on that final pic where it's perfectly legible.  s:? :? s:?

ninjinski

Quote from: "Ekona"Love the big Toyota symbol on the front, but the little horned cowboy hats looks cheap and tacky IMHO.

Funny how in those pics the 'Roadster' lettering looks like a jumble of kanji, except on that final pic where it's perfectly legible.  s:? :? s:?

Ahh now I get it I thought that was chinese lettering   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

markiii

so what exactly is that stuff?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

VVT-i

If you imagine 3D lettering on the car.. then shine a bright light onto it.. it creates a shadow.. the graphics on my car are just the shadow.. the letters themselves are not there.. it just gives you an illusion that they are.

Markiii.. it is very similar to the stuff that logo's on some wheel centre caps are made of.. or those bubble type stickers. I don't know if it is the exact same, as Rob has told me that some companies do a similar product useing low grade materials.. the stuff used by Likwidart is top quality.

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Liz

Hmm got me thinking that the Eagle may look nice on the back of my car...
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

rtbiscuit

i do like the liquid art, and it has got me thinking.

slightly off topic, i really like your windscreen sun strip, trd styley.

wondered where you got it from.

looks great on your car.

did you have to move your rear view down.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

VVT-i

The sunstrip is an Ebay special.. not too bad in quality in comparison with some of the other Ebay tackyness (sp) you get.

It is stuck on the outside, so rear view is untouched.

Liz.. send Rob a good quality Jpeg of the logo you want (as big a picture as you can find) he will tell you if he can make it (if it's the mid-ship one you mean, i see no problem) he would probly ask for some measurements from the area of the car you want it on.. then he will probably talk you into something/somewhere better to put on   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    He will know by looking at the design if it will look good on the car or look max powerish.

rtbiscuit

just found the sun strip on ebay.

do people think that this will suit a blue 2.

or should i avoid.

it goes well on the black.

Previous cars:

VVT-i

Maybe someone good with photoshop will change the colour of my car to blue for you..  If you ask nicely you never know.. i would but i'm as hopeless as a hopeless hopefull from hopesville at photoshop.

rtbiscuit

pretty please could some one do that for me.

if it helps i have access to a laser cutter and a rapid prototype machine (3D printer)

(lets see how many people read this post, and how long before i get requests for heater dial rings and the like.)

Previous cars:

evileye_wrx

Can I have some heater dial rings and the like?

Only kidding I've got them!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Just to stick to thread I do like the big toyota badge and the general concept of the likwid art. I would say tho sometimes less is more.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

I don't know which I like better, your phototaking skill or the graphic.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Apparently both are very well done!! I like how the roadster come across as stamped in the rear panel. Very tempting....

I've checked, and the material used for the wheel badges seems to be the same as this. Just different grade that's all. This material is almost perfect for external use, especially in temperate countries like the UK. However, I do not know how it will hold up in tropical countries like Malaysia, but hell would I give a darn?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  You never know till you try.

Very pretty indeed, very.

philster_d

So are they cut or moulded ?

VVT-i

I have no idea how he actually makes them, i wouldn't think it would be moulds as he would have absolutely thousands of moulds lying about..  i would have a guess he would print out a template and work from that useing the resin.. i know they are hand crafted though.

Anonymous

northernalex

simon has the skills  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

only thing you have to be careful of here is the fact that he tends to do the same sort of thing on all the toyotas he does.  he did my mates about 6 months ago and the bonnet logo is the same and same place, spyder on top of the wings insterad of roadster, spyder along the doors and toyota at the back,  oh yeah and also he always throws in a tax disc holder    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I also know of around a dozen celicas with the logo on the corner of the bonnet like that, great effect tho especially on black.  my mates roadster has blue highlights rather than red though.

so I think as long as you insist on your own design then there should be some good likwidart roadster out there in the summer   s:) :) s:)

only kept this one as it has the reflection of my old boxster

probably going to have something on the black panels on my doors

rtbiscuit

cheers simon!

have ordered the sunstrip!   s:) :) s:)

Previous cars:

Anonymous

No problem!

VVT-i

Perry.. i did see the one with the blue drop shadow.. also very nice indeed, I figured that we were both unlikely to park next to each other in Tesco's so went ahead and got the design done... and as i said somewhere on here before, Imitation is the best form of flattery, when I saw the toyota logo, i just had to get it.

Having seen it in the flesh.. do you agree that pictures don't do it justice?

Anonymous

Darn, I'm just gonna copy your both!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

I'm thinking of a few bits from him as well. I was really impressed with what I have seen on various cars in the past.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

So what do I have to do to get Rob to match the colour of my car?  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:  It's a custom Mesarati Rosso.

Liz

I am going to get the J-spec logo made up for the back of mine, that will be all though.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: