Davids Style Bars - Fitting, Questions & Issues *UPDATED

Started by Slacey, November 7, 2003, 14:42

MR2Blue

I haven't fitted the "Limited edition" badges, they wont stick.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
I'll have to think of something else.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR2Blue"I haven't fitted the "Limited edition" badges, they wont stick.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
I'll have to think of something else.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I was looking on SC earlier today and noticed that someone is selling J-Spec steering wheel badges.  They would look the poodles privates in place of the limited edition badges but at $15 a time may be a bit pricey   s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7880 m

I wonder if another GB may be on the cards........  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Quote from: "R2MUL"I was looking on SC earlier today and noticed that someone is selling J-Spec steering wheel badges.  They would look the poodles privates in place of the limited edition badges but at $15 a time may be a bit pricey   s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(  
My idea exactly; it is what I'm going to do (and replace my steering wheel badge now he has resized them).
If there is enough interest, I will contact him and see what we could do for a GB - shout here and I will set up a thread in Buying if there is enough interest.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Liz

Doesn't Adam do these badges?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Slacey

Quote from: "Liz"Doesn't Adam do these badges?
He used too; it appears dcox20 has started to do them himself again, I shall talk to Adam though.

philster_d

Hmm half fitted.

I only seem top have got 4 bolts. 2 long downwards ones with alan key heads and 2 silver wich go into the slide in metal pieces.

Nothing for the ones the go into the hardtop holder clip.

The existing bolts are too short to bite on? all the rest fitted fine.

Do I have to go buy some extra bolts or am I missing something??

Phil

dieamond

you're the one who shared the order with MrakIII ?

if yes, Mark has your missing bolts... the 4 hard top bolts (2 per car) were in the same bag
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

philster_d

Possibly ? i brought them un opened from another member.

Does anyone have these 2 bolts spare ? or is it something I can grab from halfords tomorow ?

Philster.

dieamond

wow I think you'll have a hard time finding them

what's the year of your MR ?
maybe I've some in spare...
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

philster_d

2002. Thanks.

phil

Anonymous

The bolts are all standard M8 size in different lengths (30, 40 and 60mm) IIRC.  You'll be able to get replacements from B&Q or Halfords and the only thing you may have to do is cut them down to size a bit.  Have a look at Slacey's article on fitting them; he states which size bolts are required for each part of the job, so you can't go wrong.

Anonymous

I also had 2 wrong bolts supplied but got the replacements from passion very quick..Had them fitted for 6 months now excellent, only problem is that trim! Its now cracked in a couple of places near the hood release lever, anyone with any idea's, can we buy replacements or a mod.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "teafive"Its now cracked in a couple of places near the hood release lever, anyone with any idea's, can we buy replacements or a mod.

mines cracked as well, did think about getting them covered in something, foliatec do some trim that can be shaped to any profile with a heatgun, only problem is all they're colours are cr*p, best bet is to find a descent fibreglass/body shop and get them to have a go, there's a carbon fibre shop near me, i'll pop around tomorrow and ask them for some costs
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

dieamond

those trims are the most expensive parts in the kit, and the most fragile, it's sad  s:-( :-( s:-(

markiii

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "teafive"Its now cracked in a couple of places near the hood release lever, anyone with any idea's, can we buy replacements or a mod.

mines cracked as well, did think about getting them covered in something, foliatec do some trim that can be shaped to any profile with a heatgun, only problem is all they're colours are cr*p, best bet is to find a descent fibreglass/body shop and get them to have a go, there's a carbon fibre shop near me, i'll pop around tomorrow and ask them for some costs

going to get mine leather covered. shouldn't be too expensive.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

And mine after two years or so haven't cracked once  s:? :? s:?

kanujunkie

went round today  to Carbon Tek, and give you one guess, yep they're shut on Mondays  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

will try again tomorrow
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

They look like M8 30mm from the diagrams.

I went to Halfords, only got M8 25mm will see if they reach soon.

Philster.

kanujunkie

right went to carbon-tek and wait for it they said no worries, providing we can get 10 sets on order they could get the cost down to £200  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

something to do with needing to make up moulds and they'd cost mega bucks, so i guess carbon fibres out, they did comment on how thin the panels are perhaps beefing them up and respraying them would be beneficial, they said they could do it but at the cost quoted again i beleive its not worth it so i for one will be buying a cheap pack of fibreglass from Halfrauds and a can of spraypaint
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

Can I watch you do the fibreglassing im about to do some on a project.

Philster

kanujunkie

hope your in for a laugh then Phil, last time i even got it stuck to my head  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"hope your in for a laugh then Phil, last time i even got it stuck to my head  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Phil - take a camera  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"hope your in for a laugh then Phil, last time i even got it stuck to my head  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Phil - take a camera  s;) ;) s;)

oh God i feel a pink overall moment comeing on  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"oh God i feel a pink overall moment comeing on  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

You have pink overalls? Crikey Stu.. the white ones were bad enough!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"oh God i feel a pink overall moment comeing on  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

You have pink overalls? Crikey Stu.. the white ones were bad enough!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

funny!  s:? :? s:?    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: