TomTom Tips

Started by uktotty, June 11, 2009, 22:31

uktotty

Well after recently purchasing a Go730 I have 2 questions

1) Can I cancel a route as it just keeps wanting to take me where I have  already arrived
2) How to I make an ITN file for route planning and sharing?

Thanks  s;) ;) s;)

kentsmudger

Quote from: "uktotty"Can I cancel a route as it just keeps wanting to take me where I have  already arrived?
Just select a new destination?
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

uktotty

Yeah but sometimes I dont want a destination, on the Navman, you click the big red X and it cancels the route and shows the map, TomTom just wants to keep taking me somewhere else!

SteveJ

If it's the same as TomTom6 for PDA's, tap the screen, select next menu then 'clear route'

Simples  s;) ;) s;)

uktotty

Quote from: "SteveJ"If it's the same as TomTom6 for PDA's, tap the screen, select next menu then 'clear route'

Simples  s;) ;) s;)
*Goes to check menu

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "SteveJ"If it's the same as TomTom6 for PDA's, tap the screen, select next menu then 'clear route'

Simples  s;) ;) s;)
*Goes to check menu

And gets lost!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SteveJ

Quote from: "nelix"
Quote from: "uktotty"

Simples  s;) ;) s;)
*Goes to check menu

And gets lost!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

*snigger*

Anonymous

Don't do it,don't trust them!This is how it starts then next thing you know there will be terminators everywhere and you will be hiding in a bunker!

Anonymous

I would date her.

uktotty

Simples  s;) ;) s;)

OK So that worked  s:) :) s:)

Now how do I plan a route for ITN files for Southern Softees Run?

Wabbitkilla

TomTom6 has it it under main menu 3of3 'Itinerary Planning'.

I 'think' you can do it on TomTom home too now.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Slacey

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I 'think' you can do it on TomTom home too now.

You can, but it's crap. Get this -  m http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php m  - works brilliantly (uses Google Maps so you can actually see what the roads are like if unfamiliar with the area) and is even approved by TomTom themselves. Once installed it will appear in TomTom Home's menu.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

uktotty

Cheers Sean, will have a look at that  s:) :) s:)

So correct me if I am wrong, but you cant go for a drive, hit record and then download the route you have travelled?
You need to plan the route before you leave?

SteveJ

Quote from: "uktotty"Cheers Sean, will have a look at that  s:) :) s:)

So correct me if I am wrong, but you cant go for a drive, hit record and then download the route you have travelled?
You need to plan the route before you leave?

And there was me thinking the TomTom software was designed to help you get from A to B   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

uktotty

Well Steve, fancy you missing the point!  s;) ;) s;)

I want to plan a route in the country, so my idea was go for a drive, find some cool roads and views and twisties etc, then get back and see where I had been!
Rather than  deciding where to go before I leave and knowing nothing about the roads, the landmarks or the scenery.

SteveJ

Have you tried the omni-corp search button (aka Google)   s:?: :?: s:?:  

There are loads of options out there that plug into TomTom and record your trips!

Anonymous

Use this Russ  CLICKY
Works with TomTom and Is what I used for the Corfu trip, really easy to use  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

SteveJ

Quote from: "Les"Use this Russ  CLICKY
Works with TomTom and Is what I used for the Corfu trip, really easy to use  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Thats what Sean linked to - great for pre-planning but doesnt record trips.

uktotty

Got my 8Gb SDHC today so i can install LOADS of crap on there now

roger

Quote from: "uktotty"Got my 8Gb SDHC today so i can install LOADS of crap on there now

I reckon yours takes 8GB. I bought a card as well, and then found if I had read the manual it told me my 720 was restricted to 2GB   s:( :( s:(   Too late to sell you an 8GB card then!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

uktotty

Not had it confirmed Rog and no sure if it takes SDHC either so time will tell!

Anonymous

When im back at work monday i can send you my POI & Speed camera database for tomtoms if you want, will give you 1000 of POI, toyota garages, petrol, etc etc... and all speed cameras warning apart form lasers.

If you have a look on tomtom home software you can install an MR2 as your car rather than an arrow and your loading screen and off screen can become a toyota logo or anything else you want.

uktotty

Cheers nips  s:) :) s:)
If you send it to  e mailto:anything@uktotty.co.uk">anything@uktotty.co.uk e  it will get there  s:) :) s:)

Russ

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Cheers nips  s:) :) s:)
If you send it to  e mailto:anything@uktotty.co.uk">anything@uktotty.co.uk e  it will get there  s:) :) s:)

Russ

No worries will do it monday when im back   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nips"
Quote from: "uktotty"Cheers nips  s:) :) s:)

Russ

No worries will do it monday when Im back   s:D :D s:D

Sent you some, sorry for the delay totally forgot

Tags: