My APR Mr-s Turbo

Started by Ikrana, September 1, 2011, 16:23

Anonymous

inline 4 vs v6. power to weight i would say k20 and if you hit the 700bhp on your build could see it all under a tun making it very mean.

Ikrana

Quote from: "rbuckingham"inline 4 vs v6. power to weight i would say k20 and if you hit the 700bhp on your build could see it all under a tun making it very mean.

Yeah I also think k20 would be the best option, I am thinking about doing a full engine build with a 2,4l stroker kit and build head.
maybe I will stay N/A and I still don't know, fist I was thinking about doing a 2zz swap but i fells that the k20 has some more potential if staying N/A .

I see that you have the 2zz stroker? how is the power on it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ikrana"
Quote from: "rbuckingham"inline 4 vs v6. power to weight i would say k20 and if you hit the 700bhp on your build could see it all under a tun making it very mean.

Yeah I also think k20 would be the best option, I am thinking about doing a full engine build with a 2,4l stroker kit and build head.
maybe I will stay N/A and I still don't know, fist I was thinking about doing a 2zz swap but i fells that the k20 has some more potential if staying N/A .

I see that you have the 2zz stroker? how is the power on it?

kind of its the same bore but its the 1zz stroke, 2zz stroke is shorter. never really got to see much on the power as i never got the right ecu setup. however what i did notice more than the bhp side was torque. i was using 5th like i use to use 3rd which i can really put down to the larger capacity. however for an na setup with a proper ecu i think it would be possible to see 200bhp with around 180-190 ftbl of torque, which should give any 2zz a run for its money and thats at 7k the build could take 8k rpm.

Ikrana

So I removed my A/C some days ago and I am not going to use it in the future.
after the removal I noticed that I had alot of space left in the front of the car,
so...I was starting to do some thinking about moving the radiator, and now it is done,
some more ajustments to do and some more wealding but it is going to look nice.
also took some time to install my new JDM towhook. hope you all like it!

Treboeth

You have way too much time and money on your hands  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

but you also have a beautiful car   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Congratulations, does she drive as well as she looks?

Ikrana

Quote from: "Treboeth"You have way too much time and money on your hands  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

but you also have a beautiful car   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Congratulations, does she drive as well as she looks?

Not so much time nore money but alot of ideas and good will  s:P :P s:P
The Radiator relocation didn't cost me anything honestly, the Radiator I bought over a year ago and the material for the new crash bar and radiator/towhook mounts I had for free from a friend =)
the only thing I had to buy for this was the towhook =)

Happy to hear that you like my car, and for your question, YES she is a yoy to drive  s:D :D s:D
hopfully even better after the K20 install!

Treboeth

Quote from: "Ikrana"YES she is a yoy to drive  s:D :D s:D
hopfully even better after the K20 install!

Good job, and hope you meant joy  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   because otherwise I have no idea what a yoy is  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

As i have said before I personally like my `2 as she is ie unmodified, but sometimes I see a car that has been "done over" and it looks wonderful, congrats  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:    s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Ikrana

So now finally I got my Photobucket to work, so here is the pics that i did promise!
just took like forever  s:) :) s:)

the photos is not of the best quallity but better ones will come in the future, so here we go!

New parts for the build,
Honda Kpro and Custom axels from DSS.

I just had too buy the new parts from Battleversion, still waithing for the Flca's. great quallity parts!!!

Here everything is starting to fall in to place,

Car looks so badass with the koyo relocated.

I had to build a new crashbar to go with my new custom center exhaust.

shot from the rear.

new bracing, spal fans, relocated battery etc upfront.

I also to my time to build a custom carbon center consol, nothing special but i think it look clean?!

Soo thats all for now, i am still working on the vids. i guess i have to upload it in youtube first ?

hope you like it !

stupink

I love the quality of your work, it is nice to see that you are taking your time and doing quality work rather than just making things fit and function (i have a habbit of often doing this).

late now i know, but turbo wise reading through this thread i immediately thought of the twin scroll turbos, when I was tuning my last car a vauxhall calibra turbo, i fitted a TD05HR from an EVO8, using a tubular manifold that kept the twin scroll setup I found that the turbo made great power like a large turbo, and indeed boosted like a small turbo low down, it actually made power earlier than my standard tripple K 16 did (a small turbo known for its fast spoolup).

I nearly kept the turbo for my 2, but thought too much boost low down would be bad for the gearbox and detonation. (standard internals on mine)
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Tags: