Gutted my speakers now stuck!

Started by amz91, August 8, 2013, 18:00

amz91

Think Iv done it wrong lost on what to do next ?
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

AckersMR2

Rip out the white plastic speaker plug socket from the grey speaker mount leaving a hole that you can feed the speaker wire through. Cut off the white plastic plug from the speakers and fit some spade connectors that will slide onto your new speaker connections.
If you look at my post here on the last page I've put which wire is + and -  s:) :) s:)

Re: Fitting New front speakers !!!!! All explained
 l viewtopic.php?t=144#p440729 l
My only car is a Ducati 

amz91

AckersMR2 ur a life saver!! How did u get the white plug socket out? im struggling :-/
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

s12vea

Just cut the wires the put crimp connectors on or even better solder them direct to the terminals on the speakers
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

amz91

Il have get some spade connectors, I'm bloody lost saw this
And haven't a clue!

AckersMR2

Quote from: "amz91"AckersMR2 your a life saver!! How did u get the white plug socket out? I'm struggling :-/
If I recall just brute force and ignorance  s;-) ;-) s;-)
My only car is a Ducati 

amz91

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "amz91"AckersMR2 your a life saver!! How did u get the white plug socket out? I'm struggling :-/
If I recall just brute force and ignorance  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Like this ? Haha

s12vea

Haha I just got some big wire cutters and twisted it off.
TF204 Blue

AckersMR2

That looks like the cable that goes from the tweeter to the crossover or if you don't have separate crossovers then to the main speaker. Try dropping a PM to Stargazer30 as I think he has installed a set of those in the past?
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

Quote from: "amz91"Like this ? Haha
Yep looks just like mine  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

Check the depth of your new speakers, if there's plenty of room between the back of the speaker and the door skin then rip off that cardboard and foam from the plastic mount, otherwise the front of the speaker rim might touch the door card. If I recall I ripped it off.
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

Quote from: "amz91"Il have get some spade connectors, I'm bloody lost saw this
And haven't a clue!

Connect the spade ends to your speakers and the wire ends to the Toyota speaker wire in the door. If you look in the box you might find a wiring diagram, if not look here  s;-) ;-) s;-)

m http://edgecaraudio.co.uk/manuals/ed3_c ... manual.pdf m
My only car is a Ducati 

amz91

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Check the depth of your new speakers, if there's plenty of room between the back of the speaker and the door skin then rip off that cardboard and foam from the plastic mount, otherwise the front of the speaker rim might touch the door card. If I recall I ripped it off.
Your joking I ripped this off by mistake then thought s*** that wasn't suppose happen and stuck it bk on! Haha  s:-D :-D s:-D

s12vea

Make sure you flash tape the doors it makes a massive difference
TF204 Blue

amz91

Thank you both, will do this either 2mora or Saturday.
I don't know what I'd do without this forum!
Iv pm'd stargazer30  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: