Chromdesign/TTE SHIFTER garnish

Started by Darth Paul, February 9, 2005, 00:16

Anonymous

Quote from: "southerneditor"Some interest on this side of the pond for a shift gate design. Anybody comes across something like that, let me know.

You can try here... It's the single slot variety  s;) ;) s;) :
 m http://www.esad-online.de/en/shop/mr2.html m

Anonymous

QuoteIt's the single slot variety
Perfect for SMT! I'm holding out for the h-gate version, though. One of our guys was trying to rig up an indicator light that would show him what gear he was in - just like the SMT does - and he had this thing all diagrammed out with magnets, and wires, and a digital display and so on. We convinced him that the plate was a more elegant solution.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

can we not generate these ourselves as a group and then get a company to mill them for us, Sean could even have his brushed ally one then, all we'd need to do is work out the positions of each gear, how hard can that be  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "kanujunkie"can we not generate these ourselves as a group and then get a company to mill them for us, Sean could even have his brushed ally one then, all we'd need to do is work out the positions of each gear, how hard can that be  s:? :? s:?
Theoretically not very, although we would need two versions, one for the stock setup and one for the short shifters.

Interesting idea though, and one that I would be willing to see through with some pointers.....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Good idea Stu. The only problem I can think of with that is that the guys with short shifters will probably have different lever positions for the gears, but then if they didn't want an H-gated one then there wouldn't be a problem... but then we'd all be ordering slightly different ones and production costs would be more...

Anyone fancy looking into it?

*EDIT* Damn my slow typing!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

i'm guessing we'd need 4 different versions of this then,

5 & 6 speed versions and long and short shifts, i'm afraid i don't have the time to do it at the mo, but if i do make one then i'll let you all know. would look good
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

gated shifters actually make teh shift action harder
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"gated shifters actually make the shift action harder

is this a requirement then Mark?

or can the gator be removed?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Slacey

I think what Mark means is the actual H gate we are looking at, rather than the leather gaiter.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

if it's like teh one I pictured there are no problems, if your talking about a ferrari style gated trim, (which I think u are) it will be more difficult.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

but not impossible right?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Darth Paul

I just want the trim around the top...!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   I have a nice red leather gaiter.

Anonymous

Are we still talking about this one?

Which I like.

Or this one, which would look out of place in my red 2?

Quote from: "ianbruce"
Quote from: "southerneditor"

kanujunkie

neither, something more akin to this and the ESAD one combined

[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

I have a friend who is director of a large engineering manufacturing company based in Bedford that do 90% of their work for the F1 teams. If we get together the exact spec I can get a guestimate from him  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

so.simple

Why not try this? They have good prices for 10 or more units. Group buy anyone?   s:) :) s:)
Carlos

Anonymous

I could go for it - 5spd, short shift version. Regarding the chromed boot trim that's nominally the subject of this thread, in the past and at considerable cost I secured a chromed horn ring trim and after seeing how it looked I removed it.

Down the line, I've noticed that a number of chrome gauge trim kits have come up for sale, too. I suspect that most of this stuff looks better in the pictures than it does on the car. Even in the case of a shift gate, I'd really like to see a sacrificial lamb come forth, take the hit and let us know how it works out before placing a firm order - but life is risk, no?

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"neither, something more akin to this and the ESAD one combined

Done...

Tem

That has to be a Photoshop?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I don't think the stick moves that much horizontally, unless you fit a long shift kit  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

and that could be the problem, whilst i was sat in a mega M25 nightmare last night, i went about feeling where the shifter moves and it's all in the left half of the hole that the gaitor fits in and in the top 2/3. I personally think now that this is going to make it look wierd with the h in the top left corner.

astounding photoshop yet again Ianbruce, nice work
[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

Quote from: "kanujunkie"i went about feeling where the shifter moves and it's all in the left half of the hole that the gaitor fits in and in the top 2/3. I personally think now that this is going to make it look wierd with the h in the top left corner.

Yes, you can see that in the ESAD cover pictiure above.

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

yep, should have thought about that before

*Ianbruce*
any chance of doing a photoshop with your h gate and the esad plate combined, i would do it but my photoshop skills are cr*p! many thanx if so
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"I don't think the stick moves that much horizontally, unless you fit a long shift kit  s:? :? s:?

You're absolutely right. Using the ESAD plate as a guide, the pattern must look more like this:

(UPDATE: Just saw your post kanujunkie. Great minds, and all that...)

kanujunkie

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  my god that was quick work  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

nice one, thats Ianbruce
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie":shock: my god that was quick work  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

nice one, thats Ianbruce

Thanks! Not really, well... OK. Actually, we were just thinking the same thing.

UPDATE: I had to see what it would look like:

Tags: